about to buy a chinese laser co2 machine - advice required - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: about to buy a chinese laser co2 machine - advice required

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: about to buy a chinese laser co2 machine - advice required

Quote Originally Posted by jasongtr View Post
    thanks, ive sinced found a Russ video about it, setting the thing up, beam setting i mean looks like not a lot of fun.... cant wait for that... not
    Russ has later videos about checking the beam alignment that makes more sense than the earlier videos, it will make things much easier. You have to think about being parallel to each axis, once you understand it setting the beam alignment becomes very easy.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Makercut, not sure whether the one i was was the earlier or later one, but it was in 2 parts, no doubt ill work my way through ll of them eventually

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Jasongtr,
    Where abouts are you in the uk? I recently purchased a larger Chinese laser from a company in Birmingham. I had 2 of the smaller 40w Chinese ones and had loads of trouble with them. I got this one which is a 100w with a 400mm x 600mm bed with adjustable bed height, air, red dot and chiller. I actually went to the place in Birmingham and saw one of the machines working and took one of the items I engrave and did that on the machine. I also had the rotary attatchment, this is the one like a lathe chuck but you can take the jaws out and turn them around to make them bigger. I had a problem last week and I asked loads of people for advise and couldn't get any help. I finally got in touch with the suppliers in Birmingham and they sent some things through for me to try, and offered to come out to me if these didn't work to put everything right. The whole kit came in at around £1700, as being there and taking it away with me I could haggle with the price, but I am very impressed with it and with the after sales support. I am not associated with them just a very happy customer.
    This is my machine on their website
    https://www.dropswell.com/100w-6040-co2-laser-cutter
    Hope this helps

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

that machine does not support multi colour cuts as its the very same one i mentioned earlier in the thread.

Seems very convenient they re based in Birmingham like you too, good find.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I am not in Birmingham and have nothing to do with them. I am by Birmingham and that is the reason I went to look at these machines. I thought I was doing someone a favour because I had found a decent machine with some good customer service.
    Sorry for trying to help

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mark747 View Post
    I am not in Birmingham and have nothing to do with them. I am by Birmingham and that is the reason I went to look at these machines. I thought I was doing someone a favour because I had found a decent machine with some good customer service.
    Sorry for trying to help
    why so touchy? i just said good find. and also pointed out that i wouldnt buy that as it doesnt support multi colour cuts, had you read the thread you would of noticed ive already bought one

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Just as an FYI for others looking looking at a cheap Chinese laser, replacing the Chinese supplied controller with a decent, standard-based one is very simple. So, if your favoured laser doesn't support different colours, get a controller that does.

An Arduino/RAMPS combo running decent firmware, a TinyG or Smoothie board will run you from $20-100 and completely transforms your toolpath.

I have all three and they all offer much more than your average Chinese controller. I have a TinyG running over Bluetooth, a Smoothie connected by Ethernet and controlled via the web, and replacing the existing controller is a breeze.

Using stepper-motor equipped laser mechanisms, higher resolution is always better and the ability to get 1/128 or 1/256 steps with advanced motion, jerk, acceleration, etc. should justify the upgrade alone.

As a mixed Mac/PC/Linux user, the ability to use open-source, rather than pirated software that only runs on windows is a massive improvement. For my current CNC and 3DP machines I use a raspberry Pi to front end the device, effectively giving each machine its own dedicated computer.

I viewed my first laser as a box of donor hardware to which I would add the electronics I wanted. Budget £100/$150 and you can transform that clunky old controller into something swish and modern.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,

Sorry for hijacking this old thread.

I just bought an 80W laser with chiller and rotary for about 1500 bucks from china.

I learnt that this has a very simple M2 board which doesn't support DSP.

How easy is it to upgrade the controller board and is there any step by step instructions available to follow. What board will you recommend.??

Downloads
    Uploads

Ruida 6442G is popular and well documented on Internet. I didn't see step by step manual but should be not deadly hard for tech skilled person. There can be needed to fit/replace stepper & controllers (just depend what you already have in your machine) .

Polish @ Éire

Downloads
    Uploads

The Ruida is half the cost of the machine you bought - this video gives full instructions for retrofitting to an existing laser, he uses an AWC 708C which is about $350 in the US, or ~$250 from China.

https://www.lightobject.com/X7-DSP-C...reen-P940.aspx

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Trocen-Anywells-AWC708C-Lite-Co2-Laser-Controller-System-Meanwell-24V-3-2A-75W-Switching-Power-Supply/32789230155.html

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello guys,
    Which one better between Ruida 6442G and Trocen AWC 708C ? Light Object LSR-DSPX7 is US made, it lookslike Trocen.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

They're both Chinese.

LightObject is a US retailer of Chinese products. Their X7 is just renamed Trocen AWC708C unit. Shenzhen Trocen Automation Technology Co.,LTD

As to 'which is better', that is down to your preference - they're both good units with solid reputation and support.

For my money the Trocen AWC is the 'better' unit. More modern, more features, faster processor, cheaper - you can use wifi, it has live trace, a better screen...

If money is a consideration, Trocen have the 608 as well and is a decent board for the price.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ledaero View Post
    The Ruida is half the cost of the machine you bought - this video gives full instructions for retrofitting to an existing laser, he uses an AWC 708C which is about $350 in the US, or ~$250 from China.
    Just to be strict - Ruida 6442 is in same price range, 252$ including delivery https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Ruid...802899719.html
    I never use AWC708C and I suppose they are VERY similar systems. Even used construction/solutions are quite similar - look at connectors, membrane switches etc. Ruida as well use live trace during work, and is wi-fi /android capable (see

).
    Ruida screen is smaller - 3.5" vs 4.3" at AWC708C. Ruida provide own free software RD Works (available at http://en.rd-acs.com/down_complex.aspx?FId=n14:14:14 search for RDWorks—V8.01.26 or newer version 8.01.30 at Chinese version of page) and works as well with LightBurn software (30 day free demo, 80$ full version for 2 computers), both you can test before you decide your buy. I don't know how handy and effective is software for AWC, maybe someone else can write review.

Polish @ Éire

Downloads
    Uploads

My mistake - I was looking at 6442G, which, bizarrely, seems to be around $350+

I guess the the model I was looking at didn’t have all those nice features

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks very much guys. I appreciate it

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to link to the laser itself but here is a pic of the laser controller.

I have attached a picture of the controller, the main board and the power supply.

What do you think? will it be a straight swap? I am a hardware techie but I shy away from electronics and electrical stuff. I think I am preferring the Trocen unit (just because it is cheaper)

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails about to buy a chinese laser co2 machine - advice required-2018-06-21-20_09_09-laser-engraving-600_400-a   about to buy a chinese laser co2 machine - advice required-2018-06-21-20_12_37-htb1lllixgatbunjsszfq6xgfpxae-jpg-635-a   about to buy a chinese laser co2 machine - advice required-2018-06-21-20_12_06-alibaba-manufacturer-directory  

Banned
    Downloads
    Uploads

Zhengzhou Budweiser CNC Machinery Co., Ltd. has a batch of low-power laser processing equipment waiting for sale. Including medium and small power fiber laser cutting machine, CO2 laser cutting machine, CNC turret punch and electro-hydraulic. Servo bending machine, CNC shears. discount price.
    If you need please contact us.
    Our email: sales4@cndasion.com
    Http://www.salefiberlaser.com/

Downloads
    Uploads

Anyone?

Downloads
    Uploads

I have never tried the Trocen units, but I have been very happy with the Ruida, especially now that there is a US-based 3rd party controller software package available (LightBurn) for it.

Downloads
    Uploads

Didn’t I send you links to doing the conversion? Did you look at that? Do any research?

The ‘electrical’ will be restricted to swapping over a couple of terminals. Just do it with the unit unplugged and you will be safe.

Downloads
    Uploads

Yes I've done a lot of research and also watched your video.

I read somewhere that the power supply you have and the board you have already may determine whether or not you can do the conversion... hence my question

Apologies if it wasn't clear

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast