Bumps in laser cut curves

Thread: Bumps in laser cut curves

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Bumps in laser cut curves

Hi guys
    I keep having this issue of bumps in curves of letters designs, what ever it is..
    laser cuts perfectly, works great, just get these bumps all the time.. any Ideas!
    I output evrything from CorelDRAW to a DXF file.. I am very apt with vectors and know the vector lines are not the issue.

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bumps in laser cut curves-img_0030-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Bumps in laser cut curves

You really need to list your equipment in your signature in order to make it easier for people to be able to help you.

This is a stab in the dark, but if you have a Chinese laser that is producing the problem, it is very common for the set screws to come loose on the pulleys for the axis drive belts that will then sometimes cause a problem similar to the one you show. The most common culprit is the pulley(s) on the shaft for the Y axis usually located near/underneath the laser tube. My laser has two set screws per pulley so you need to fully rotate the shaft to fully check things out.

"80 Watt” 700mm x 500mm Ke Hui KH-750 Laser (Similar to the Red Sail)

Downloads
    Uploads

If the line is perfect in CAD, exports clean (no crazy amount of sub-curves with crazy edges), and loads great in the control software, then it's the movement of the moving parts whilst in production.

It looks like the machine is either vibrating, or the head is vibrating as it moves along the path.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Guys
    the machine is a Chinese machine SIGN CNC dual head laser 1.5 mtr x 3 mtr.. one 60 watt head and a 160 watt head.

In the example above the machine is travelling at 5mm per sec.. very slow..

The odd thing about this is, it is in the same place always the same on curves.. The vectors are very smooth so that is not the issue.

if it is loose pulleys, wouldnt it be random.. I can cut the same circle many times in a row and it will be identical overtime..

Thanks..

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for your ideas everyone.. Just wanted to let you know the Cog on the Y motor drive was loose.. just the tiniest movement, but tightend up and all fixed..

Downloads
    Uploads

Sweet! Glad you got it all sorted out.