Need Help! Laser cutter lens

Thread: Laser cutter lens

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Laser cutter lens

For some time now I have been tasked with setting up and using a Chinese import laser cutter, its taken quiet a bit of work but while it cuts and engraves now, the performance is poor.

Also the laser focus point is right below the nozzle so it has to be mm close in order to cut even thin wood. I pulled the head apart today and found the lens was covered with a lot of residue, but it is also impossible to see through so I cant measure the focal length but I suspect its 1".

I'm presuming that the lens should not currently look like this (after a clean to remove the residue):

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Laser cutter lens-14423981_1392711954089853_1967963108_o-jpg   Laser cutter lens-14446540_1392711587423223_1513849761_o-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Laser cutter lens

Co2 laser?
    Just from the scratches, that lens is bad, and stop touching it with your hands, wear gloves. Some coatings are toxic as well btw. Lenses are all different depending on type of laser.

Sent from my A3-A20FHD using Tapatalk