Hi folks
The last few weeks I've been looking into lasers mainly on eBay and trying to research as much as possible but I still keep going around in circles.
Basically 5k is top of my budget, I would like to be able to do engraving and cutting, looking at 1400 x 900 or a little bigger if possible.
I've just sold a huge cnc router and still have a contact that may be able to give me work but it's 18mm mdf, would a 100w be happy to do that? Even if it's a couple of passes I don't mind. Another laser I've looked at is 130w would this suit that better? If so will it still be ok doing the delicate engraving?
What are people's general thoughts and reviews on the eBay lasers? I'm a cnc service engineer by trade so I don't mind having to do mechanical tweaks but I know nothing about the laser system. All I know is the 5000 and above chiller is recommended for the higher wattage machines.
I've got my eye on 2 lasers that are the same specs but 2k difference one is a jq and the other is the red eBay one, is the build quality worth paying up to 2k more at this price range laser or are they pretty much the same?
Thanks in advance.
Jay