Impression about Thunder Laser - Page 3

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Impression about Thunder Laser

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Impression about Thunder Laser

1. Yes, DF212 can't do it. sorry.
    2. sorry, LaserGrav don't have this function..

E-mail:nolan@thunderlaser.com facebook:https://www.facebook.com/ThunderLaser
    Facebook Laser Cutter Tech Support: https://www.facebook.com/groups/lasercuttertechsupport

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello,

I am currently looking to buy a laser machine, I am a beginner with laser. I want to cut out Russian birch 1/8 inch and 1/16 inch (and maybe 1/2 to make boxes). I want to cut small pieces of 1 X 1 inch, door hangers, photo albums (foldable wood ???) ... I would also like to make holes in a piece of 24X24 inches ... if possible. A bit of engraving too.

I have a budget of $ 15,000 Can. At first I watched Trotec (rayjet) 30W and Epilogue in the same price 14000-15000 $. I saw on the Net the Laser Thunder Nova 35 with 100 Watts. It can cut large pieces like 24X24 inches.

I wonder if the quality of this machine is good? And if it is easy to use?

Is there anyone who has ever used a Thunder Nova 35 Laser? ... your impressions please

I saw that he was selling a high resolution head ... Is it worth it?

Thank you

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,
    Do you use the laser cutter before? Trotec and Epilog use RF laser tube, but our laser machine use co2 Glass Laser tube, it's different.
    Not sure it's easy not or for you, but you can watch the videos on our website first.
    Video - Thunder Laser

We have an agent in Canada, if it's not far from you, you can go there and see the demo machine.

Facebook Laser Cutter Tech Support: https://www.facebook.com/groups/lasercuttertechsupport

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Merci, je voulais connaitre vos impressions avant de faire l'achat.

Il va recevoir des lasers après Noël. Je vais aller lui rendre visite.

Merci

Thank you, I wanted to know your impressions before making the purchase.

He will receive lasers after Christmas. I'll go and visit him.

Thank you

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Good.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have a Mini-60. Imported it directly in 2015. Working with Yumiko has been a pleasure. She is very professional and a sweet person. I used a import broker out of Portland to help with the process, and that was a smart investment. I use the Mini-60 primary for engraving on Type-2 anodized aluminum. Very, very small engraving. All vector graphics. Use slow speeds, and low-medium power (65w bulb). The slow speeds are so sharp corners stay sharp. The unit works excellent! Even fonts as small as 5pt look crisp. I own several Haas CNC mills and lathes so I have considerable experience with the CNC equipment. I looked closely at all the Chinese and American laser manufactures before choosing ThunderLaser. They have several controller choices which is nice. I've been a CorelDraw user for over 25 years, yet I find RDworks does the job OK. RDworks is not your 100% compliant Window10 type of application, and being written by someone from China, the English is a bit convoluted. But I am use to it. I have many complex fixtures to hold odd shaped parts and I have to be careful not to crash into them with the lens, but this no different than any CNC operation. I import DWG/DXF into RDworks and sometimes us CorelDraw as an intermediate piece of software. May have to jump through some loops, but the results are excellent. Overall, I would highly recommend ThunderLaser, good hardware, good people.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi my name is Garnet fro Alberta Canada. I have always wanted get a cnc laser cutter. I built my own 5x10 ft cnc spindle cutter so a laser was the next item. I had been reading reviews and articles about cnc laser for about a year. I saw many bad and not so bad machines. I found the reviews on Thunder Laser and was very impressed. I contacted the and received a reply that night from Yumiko. She was very polite and knowledgeable. Talking to her was like talking to a good friend, very personable and answered every question. I ordered my machine in January of 2017, will receive it in March, so I have no comments on using the machine. I have watched every video I could find on them. The machine is very well built and robust, much better than many of the other machines out there.
    Dealing with Yumiko is a pleasure, she is a great person and asset to Thunder Laser. I am anxious to get my machine and get started.
    Garnet

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

So i've had my mars90 100w for a year and a half and i have to say the system is still going strong, no loose belts or anything and just typical maintainance: cleanse of mirror and lenses and lubing rails.

i typically cut up to 12mm mdf but i ve processed a ton of materials already including: veneers, acrylics, leather, foam, hips, glass, aluminum, steel (engraved with bonding agent), pla (plastic used in 3d printing which we also do), fabrics, cork, acetate, cardboard (both cut and engraved), stone, ceramics, etc.

so far very pleased with my investment, i thoroughly recommend it!

you can visit our website and see the type of work we do at Creo

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Since April 2014 i own a Thunderlaser Mini 60 Laser. Everything work fine for me. Was really a good desicion to buy from Thunderlaser. They helped me out from the beginning on. Even Shipping was all good organised from them. I would definitly buy again.

What would be very nice is the Option vaacum table. This would be very nice. Thin or more flexible materials would be flat on the table.

Gold Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'm not really trying to imply anything here, but does it seem strange to anyone else that so many of the Thunder Laser endorsements are by members with very low post counts?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelHenry View Post
    I'm not really trying to imply anything here, but does it seem strange to anyone else that so many of the Thunder Laser endorsements are by members with very low post counts?
    Hi Michael,
    Let me explain it, as you know, we are a manufacturer of laser cutter, usually, we receive many inquiries every days, and we will ask customers how they find us.
    eBay, Amazon, Google, FB, cnczone or somethine else? This is also a good way to find some similar customers.
    After the investigation, most of our customers come from cnczone, because they think this is a professional forum and they can also find reliable manufacturer here.
    Of course, some of them are newbie, just search information, or just ask some questions and don't come here again, or just sign in a new account, and just see what happen here,
    they don't like post or leave their comments.
    Everyone has his reason to post here, for me, I want to catch and find more customers, advertise our company, so I post and answer some questions here, let users know that we
    are a manufacturer of laser cutter, more important, we are professional and welcome all comments/advises from customers.
    We believe us, we can provide good services and good quality laser to them, we don't mind they post buying experience or any comments/feedback/criticism, these are power to push us.
    And you have status here, you also have your reason to post or answer questions, right? maybe you are just a kind heart man, or want to share some technical knowledge with others.
    Something make you insist to do this.

Maybe you think our THUNDER LASER is too good to be believe.. well, I am glad we already make a difference for customers. (this is our catchword)
    To be honest, compared with other Chinese manufacturers, we don't focus on low price, our price is much higher than theirs.
    So what's difference between us? We must provide better services and good quality laser.

Does this answer your doubt?

Last edited by shuwal; 03-13-2017 at 10:39 AM.

Gold Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Nolan. I'm usually on the CNC milling machine-related forums but recently started checking in here because I am interested in getting a laser cutter/engraver and am starting to research the different models and brands that are available. I find that on-line user viewpoints can be useful, especially if the persons commenting have significant numbers of posts so that one can get a sense of how closely their needs and experiences might match mine.

Do you have spare parts and tech support that is based in the USA?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast