Impression about Thunder Laser - Page 2

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Impression about Thunder Laser

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Impression about Thunder Laser

Quote Originally Posted by dandy7200 View Post
    I bought a Mars 130 at the beginning of this year and I do like the machine and it was a good value. Here are two ideas that would make it even better and cost you very little.

1. The passthrough "feature" and HR head "feature" along with the auto focus "feature" are independent of one another. This means that you cannot use the HR head, nor even the standard head with the machine in pass through mode and cut the advertized pass through material thickness. Instead, you have to switch to a short head with less resolution AND you lose auto focus by doing this. This was unexpected and the results are there are several jobs we bought the machine for that cannot be completed due to this. Changing the standoff rail heights would fix this and I think it should be made so that the highest quality head (which is also the longest) works for the full passthrough height as advertized, none of the heads should have an impact on the autofocus, so that needs to be rethought as well.

2. I would like a fixture table option. Something simple like a fixed boarder of 50mm around the edge of the honeycomb that was permanently mounted to the z axis table with 1/4-20 tapped holes every 6" or so. This would allow quick setup of repeat jobs using shop made jigs and give a repeatable reference point for fixturing. I would pay $700 or so for this feature as an option. I will likely build it myself sometime in the near future.
    Thank you for your ideas, Dandy.
    it's not only changing the standoff rail heights, we need to design the machine case again to fix this issue. usually, we don't use passthrough "feature" at our laboratory, so we really don't know it's a big issue for some customers if you don't give us feedback. Thanks again.

Not sure I can understand your last idea very well, you mean you want to get a tray that can collect the scrap at the bottom?

E-mail:nolan@thunderlaser.com facebook:https://www.facebook.com/ThunderLaser
    Facebook Laser Cutter Tech Support: https://www.facebook.com/groups/lasercuttertechsupport

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi, my name is Karl and I live in United States, New Mexico.
    I always wanted to buy a laser/ engraving machine and I was not sure what brand I should buy.
    The marked is full of laser machines and it is always a question how much you would like to invest.
    I was reading a lot about Thunderlaser and whenever I had a question they answered prompt the same day.
    Finally I made my decision and bought the Mars 130. I am very satisfied with this machine.
    It is always good to meet people and get some ideas or discus a problem.
    Whenever I have a question I hope to find the right answers here.
    I wish you all a nice weekend.
    Karl

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi I have been a Thunder customer for nearly five years now and I am always pleased with the help and response from the team!
    My suggestions for improvements are change the water flow detection valve to non mechanical version and avoid any iron or steel pipes and fittings in the water system.
    I have replaced mine with a plastic body vale and non iron pipes
    The only other improvement I have made is to use a higher volume air pump which reduces issues with burning
    I cut a huge range of materials from timbers through to fabrics for our business and have never been disappointed

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I am in Brazil and I have a Chinese laser machine and other brand accompany the CNCZONE a long time and the reports and depositions THUNDERLASER has a great reputation both in the quality of their products and especially in the post -sales support ... I have a suggestion would be of great value for us users who are installing an hour meter to the laser tube, so that we have a base of the durability of our laser tubes, it would be marked time using the same time of use in shooting . It would be very useful in order to have a basis in better training of machine time cost. Even I bought this one for testing . I hope you can implement in future machines . Hug.

Baixo Consumo de Energia À Prova D' Água DC 6 V 80 V Medidor Hor*metro Hor*metro para Carros de Corrida/Elevadores de Garfo/caminhões/Barcos em Acessórios da motocicleta & Parts de Automóveis & Motos no AliExpress.com | Alibaba Group

Enviado de meu ASUS_Z00AD usando Tapatalk

Last edited by rodrigomartins; 08-14-2016 at 01:52 AM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I am a teacher in Shanghai that was hired to set up a comprehensive MakerSpace at Shanghai American School. I had experience with a Universal Laser system at my school in Alaska and was looking to put one of their machines in my new school until we got the actual price quote. Because of the expense of importing a U.S. machine to China, I started to look at Chinese manufactured lasers. There are many different brands! I chose Thunder laser because it seemed to have all the necessary material, in English, on their website and were quick to offer support through email and conversations with the school's purchasing rep. Of course the ULS salesperson got us all nervous about glass laser tubes and Chinese software. But at 1/10th the price, we decided to buy a 40 watt system for testing. It works GREAT.
    It was easy to set up and came with more accessories than I was expecting. The exhaust fan, the air compressor, a few spare parts were all in one nice package. The only difficulty was that because the machine was sent to China, the built in display was in Chinese and took a few minute to fix. I mentioned that to Ada and now I see they have a quick link on their webpage about how to fix this.
    We are still learning how to use it, but I have taught 100 ninth graders how to use the machine and they are all having a great time with it. The software takes some adjustment from the other system I have used, but I have been able to do any type of job I have wanted to. I really like the LCD screen on the machine and I like being able to set individual cutting parameters. For student use, it would be nice to have a default cutting parameter library that can be easily accessed so they can just chose a material and have the machine make the best cut. Because we do so many different kinds of things with students that are not experienced with using a laser, having some builtin parameters would be nice. I have also requested a driver to allow Inkscape to be used directly with the Laser.
    Because we saved so much money and were so pleased with the "little laser" we also bought the "big one." An 80 watt with 600 x 900 mm cutting table. It is still in the plastic and I am going to time myself this time to report on how long it takes to set up. I am guessing that in about 30 minutes I will be in the envious position of having a school with two high quality laser cutters that students have access to. I am very happy with this purchase.

Larry Ehnert
    Shanghai American School

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Got my NOVA 24 60W about two months ago and am still learning it. The ruler in the work space would be nice. For now, I bought a magnetic ruler and have put it on the work area to figure out where I am...kinda a primitive but it works.

The improvement I would like to see is with the key pad. I would like to see some pre-defined function (F1 , F2, F3, F4, F5) on the keypad..for example. F1 would be to switch to height adjustment menu, F2 would be to move to a coordinate on the work area. etc. Basically, would allow me to get to a function faster than having to go through a whole bunch of key strokes.

Sincerely,

Asim

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by afar View Post
    Got my NOVA 24 60W about two months ago and am still learning it. The ruler in the work space would be nice. For now, I bought a magnetic ruler and have put it on the work area to figure out where I am...kinda a primitive but it works.

The improvement I would like to see is with the key pad. I would like to see some pre-defined function (F1 , F2, F3, F4, F5) on the keypad..for example. F1 would be to switch to height adjustment menu, F2 would be to move to a coordinate on the work area. etc. Basically, would allow me to get to a function faster than having to go through a whole bunch of key strokes.

Sincerely,

Asim
    Hi Asim,
    you bought a magnetic ruler and have put it on the work area, can you please take some pictures and post them here?
    adding a ruler is one of our plan.

Facebook Laser Cutter Tech Support: https://www.facebook.com/groups/lasercuttertechsupport

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,
    My name is Josef and I live in Germany.

I bought my Thunderlaser Mini 60 in March 2013 and it still works very well without any problems. From ordering to shipping to Germany it took only three weeks. As I am not very good at handling technical equipment I wondered if I was able to work with the laser. But unpacking and installing the laser took only one hour - and my first laserjob was successful.

Emails to Thunderlaser always are answered immediately and the support is great. I am very pleased that I also have an excellent support for Thunderlaser machines here in Germany.

Though I am really very satisfied with my laser I have two wishes/suggestions:

1. Please add a vertical and horizontal ruler to the honeycomp table.

2. In some of my laserjobs I work with different focus lengths. It would be great if there was a possibility to give the laser the information (by software; see attached pictures with added feature in red) to move the table up or down when one part of the laserjobs has been finished and before the other starts.

3. Maybe you could add a feature that can count the time how long the laser(tube) has already been working. By now I have to calculate the time with an Excel-spreadsheet.

A nice day to all.

Josef

Last edited by Tomkin; 08-29-2016 at 03:13 AM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi!

I'll do some quick input!

Own a Mar90 and mini60 (need one asap and air freight for a large job).

BOTH of these are AWESOME! Never missed a beat and customer service is wonderful. Epilog is made 10 miles from us but cost 4 times as much with the exact same quality! Can't wait to buy more Thunder Lasers! You will NOT regret these machines!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Josef,
    thank you for your suggestion.
    1. adding a vertical and horizontal ruler is one of our plan, I know some customers need it.
    2. you mean change the focus length during working, like our this video?
    Laser cutting 3D object - Thunder Laser
    3. Yes, you can check how long the machine or laser tube has been working on software.
    Contact with machine first, open RDworks, (as you bought the laser in March 2013, the software is different), config, system setting, system info, password is rd8888,
    you can check all the information you want there.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomkin View Post
    Hi,
    My name is Josef and I live in Germany.

I bought my Thunderlaser Mini 60 in March 2013 and it still works very well without any problems. From ordering to shipping to Germany it took only three weeks. As I am not very good at handling technical equipment I wondered if I was able to work with the laser. But unpacking and installing the laser took only one hour - and my first laserjob was successful.

Emails to Thunderlaser always are answered immediately and the support is great. I am very pleased that I also have an excellent support for Thunderlaser machines here in Germany.

Though I am really very satisfied with my laser I have two wishes/suggestions:

1. Please add a vertical and horizontal ruler to the honeycomp table.

2. In some of my laserjobs I work with different focus lengths. It would be great if there was a possibility to give the laser the information (by software; see attached pictures with added feature in red) to move the table up or down when one part of the laserjobs has been finished and before the other starts.

3. Maybe you could add a feature that can count the time how long the laser(tube) has already been working. By now I have to calculate the time with an Excel-spreadsheet.

A nice day to all.

Josef

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

A followup on the Nova 35...
    It took about 1/2 hour to set it up. Again, it was nice to have everything included in the delivery so that nothing extra is needed to get the machine running. The only issue was that the blower and fan did not turn on with the laser switch. The Nova 24 operates this way so I was surprised. A quick email to tech support explained the issue was with the T-L timer. So now I can either run it on Manual or Auto. This company gives very helpful and timely customer service. It is very easy to get help when trying to troubleshoot the machines. The little 24 had some major alignment issues from some student abuse. A quick video showed how to get it back up and working good as new. It is great having both machines and I have been very pleased with the purchase.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

2. you mean change the focus length during working, like our this video?
    Laser cutting 3D object - Thunder Laser
    Hi Nolan,
    That's exactly what I mean.
    But since my laser works with the controler DF212 and Lasergrav 8.98 I think there is no way to change the focus length during working. Am I right?

3. Yes, you can check how long the machine or laser tube has been working on software.
    Contact with machine first, open RDworks, (as you bought the laser in March 2013, the software is different), config, system setting, system info, password is rd8888,
    you can check all the information you want there.
    Can I also find this information with LaserGrav? What is the password?

Sincerely,
    Josef

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast