Need Help! Laser tube lens problem?

Thread: Laser tube lens problem?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Laser tube lens problem?

Hi everyone,
    I am using chines laser engraver/cutter, 80 w, for past 3 years.
    I recently changed tube, and new one was working perfectly (although it was almost 3 years old in original packing). We had some dirt in water system, so I decided to put filter in water pipes, but as it was car gas filter, it didin`t pass enough water throw, and in one moment chiller (s&a 3000) automaticly shot down laser beam.
    I believe from than laser is not cutting as it was before, I try to align lens, and when shooting test beam, here what i found. Check pictures; no 22-7-16(1)r is beam on paper on first lens, and 22-7-6 (2)r is beam on paper on laser tube exhaust.
    It seams to me that lens is not focusing beam right, can this be possible, or it is some other problem?

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Laser tube lens problem?-22-7-16-1-r-jpg   Laser tube lens problem?-22-7-16-2-r-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Laser tube lens problem?

So you need new laser. What is the problem?

CNC lasers, constructions, service

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by cinematic2 View Post
    So you need new laser. What is the problem?
    The problem is that this tube is in laser for less than a month, and has a app 50 working hours.
    SO if anybody had similar problem, when dot from laser tube is not fin "one peace", but unfocused, to tell me is it possible that laser tube lens were damaged from overheating, when watter stoped to circulate, for a few moments?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

The easer way ti resolve problem is to buy new tube, but if I don`t know what was real problem with this one to stop working as normal, that I didn`t resolve problem by buying new one,it could easily happen again,if I don`t know what really cause it.

Downloads
    Uploads

What chiller are you using? If it's CW-3000 it doesn't have the cooling capacity to keep up with 80w

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

Tubes can leak and it is not uncommon for a 3 year old tube to not work even with low hours. That and your cooling issue I am not surprised it is bad.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yes, you are right about the chiller - I am strugguling with it for more than 3 years. But as I do mostly engraving, it can keep water on normal temperature when laser is working continusly with up to 50 % on 80W, for engraving. For cutting is a problem to cut more than a 15 minutes on full power.
    Can you suggest me some better chiller for this power, and where can I buy it in Europe? Or import from China is better soluition?
    Also, I believe that silicon tubes in existing chiller started to desintegrate. After some time I have in watter some sort of fibers, when I take them in hand, you have feeling that it is some kind of wet paper, but when I was looking where this come of, I saw that silicon tubes in chiller have some whiter (thinner) areas in self. SIlicon tubes that connects laser tube with chiller, doesn`t have that problem, and they are more robust. So I ordered new silicon tubes for car tunning, to be sure that they can hold antfreeze liquid in water in bi9gger percentage without having problems.
    About tube, I am awared that it was 3 years pass. but when i put it in machine, it was working perfectly, even better than original one when I bought laser.

Downloads
    Uploads

80w requires a compressor based chiller. They all come from China and cost double CW-3000. You might get by routing your water thru a radiator submerged in ice. Or use a window air conditioner to blow into the chiller.
    I never heard about silicon tubes failing like that. You may want to consider using distilled water.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Dean448 View Post
    80w requires a compressor based chiller. They all come from China and cost double CW-3000. You might get by routing your water thru a radiator submerged in ice. Or use a window air conditioner to blow into the chiller.
    I never heard about silicon tubes failing like that. You may want to consider using distilled water.

Do you have some model of chiller suitable for 80w chilling?
    I use distilled water from begging, and also a little percentage of antifreeze liquid in it. I am not shore what else could it be, as it looks to me like a thin silicon. The are not alga, but on last water change, this strange water pollution happen very fast, after some 1 month of work. I managed to clean tube from it, but it doesn`t work like before.