Need Help! Deciding on which laser to get to cut vinyl albums

Thread: Deciding on which laser to get to cut vinyl albums

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Deciding on which laser to get to cut vinyl albums

Hi Folks,

My wife and I run a business cutting vinyl albums int various shapes, band names, personalized, etc with a shark cnc router. The router's been very good to us but we are considering moving on to a laser as we have seen what our competition has done with them and out little shark just can't keep up. I had no problems with the router as I have a bit of general wood working background but lasers are a whole new world for me. I have absolutely no idea which one is a good fit for what we do. I'd love to get input from anyone who has experience with cutting vinyl or lasers in general - I really want to avoid buying a $10,000 door stop

Thanx!

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Deciding on which laser to get to cut vinyl albums

Quote Originally Posted by edowney View Post
    Hi Folks,

My wife and I run a business cutting vinyl albums int various shapes, band names, personalized, etc with a shark cnc router. The router's been very good to us but we are considering moving on to a laser as we have seen what our competition has done with them and out little shark just can't keep up. I had no problems with the router as I have a bit of general wood working background but lasers are a whole new world for me. I have absolutely no idea which one is a good fit for what we do. I'd love to get input from anyone who has experience with cutting vinyl or lasers in general - I really want to avoid buying a $10,000 door stop

Thanx!

Cutting vinyl with a laser is a terrible idea. See the similar threads in this forum.

Here is some general info:
    Laser Cutter Materials - ATXHackerspace
    SaveSave

Downloads
    Uploads

Vinyl is "forbidden" for laser cutters. If you decide to do that anyway - probably laser will work only few days - due chlorine fumes and hydroelectric acid which are will be produced during this type of cutting.

Polish @ Éire

Downloads
    Uploads

If cut vinyl film, Vinyl cutting plotter can do.

Web.:http://www.jncslaser.com/ Email: info@jncslaser.com Whatspp: +86-18254116182
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jncslaser Skype: consurelaser