Newbie CW-5000 Chiller and Looking For Laser Engraver Shutdown for Summer Advice

Thread: CW-5000 Chiller and Looking For Laser Engraver Shutdown for Summer Advice

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default CW-5000 Chiller and Looking For Laser Engraver Shutdown for Summer Advice

Hi All,

I am a high school teacher new to the district I work for this year. I inherited a Chinese Laser Engraver in the classroom and with summer coming up I am looking for any steps I should take to help make starting it back up in the fall go smoothly. With the engraver is a CW-5000 Water Chiller. Is that something I ought to drain and allow to dry out before backing it away? I would assume so, but we had issues with the chiller starting up this year. I had the students run though all the electrical and found the water pump wasn't running, after replacing the pump the chiller worked well. Could the lack of water in the tank over the summer been a cause?

Any advice is appreciated. I have learned a lot from everyone on here from reading all the posts...it allowed me fix a number of student induced issues! Thank you!