Machine for engraving raw crystals / gemstones ?

Thread: Machine for engraving raw crystals / gemstones ?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Machine for engraving raw crystals / gemstones ?

Hi there

I am looking for some guidance on how to make a crystal pendant similar to the ones in the photos I have attached. I know that it was created by using laser engraving and I am just wondering what machine I could use to do this myself? The gemstones are quite small (3 to 5 cm across) and sometimes not flat.
    Thanks very much!

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Machine for engraving raw crystals / gemstones ?-crystal-engraving-w654-1-jpg   Machine for engraving raw crystals / gemstones ?-crystal-engraving-w654-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Machine for engraving raw crystals / gemstones ?

I would imagne only a laser engraver is suitable as other machining may well cause the crystals to to splinter or crack, type of lasers depend on type of crystals a google of natural materials suitable for laser engraving would probably give that answer, but I suspect that a minimum requiremtent would be a co2 laser rather than any of the lower priced diodes available.