Help needed font engraving

Thread: Help needed font engraving

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Help needed font engraving

Hello,

can someone please help me ?

I want to laser engrave a letter and cut a square around it, like a scrabble piece. Thing is, letter cannot be laser contoured only, it has to be filled, hence I need it engraved

Piece has to be approximately 1x1" font is Arial any idea on how to do this ?

Machine is a gweike 80w laser, I have laserCut, aspire, Illustrator, Corel Draw and Paint and Photograv

I really need this urgently any help much appreciated.

Thank you

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Help needed font engraving

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrops View Post
    Hello,

can someone please help me ?

I want to laser engrave a letter and cut a square around it, like a scrabble piece. Thing is, letter cannot be laser contoured only, it has to be filled, hence I need it engraved

Piece has to be approximately 1x1" font is Arial any idea on how to do this ?

Machine is a gweike 80w laser, I have laserCut, aspire, Illustrator, Corel Draw and Paint and Photograv

I really need this urgently any help much appreciated.

Thank you
    See the attached link and checkout Raster engraving lines & fills:

Adobe Illustrator drawing setup guidelines for laser cutting & engraving | CutLasercut

Jeff...

Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Similarly, once you've typed in the letter in Corel, you can use ctrl+Q to convert to curves, then you can treat it like a normal object (so that you can fill it and/or outline it according to what your laser's driver will interpret as cut vs etch).

Downloads
    Uploads

vcarve or mcam can do it

I have had to do multiple laser passes to get an area deep to fill

You might mention the material type?t

Been doing this too long

Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you all very much for the replies

I'm still trying to figure out how to do this

@Jeff,
    thank you very much for the links I am reading them now

@GeometryShop
    I will try it and see how it goes, even if it won't serve my purpose in this case I want to learn this, thing is, I am not going to do just one, but maybe 2 or 3 thousand pieces with the complete alphabet and as most (not all) of the pieces will have only the letter I want to raster engrave which will be faster than vector engraving

Main issue here is how do I prepare and export the file to center the engraving letter with the cut so that it is ready for lasercut ?

Ideally it would be to split the cut and engraving into 2 layers with different color so that it can be specified in lasercut what to engrave and what to cut, but how do I export this file so that it opens accordingly in lasercut ?
    I can do it easily with aspire dxf files but neither aspire or DXF files support rasterized images that I know of.

After reading the links from Jeff's advice I have managed to export bmp file from Illustrator to lasercut thing is the Illustrator file is for vector engraving not raster engraving, so not exactly what I want :\

Lasercut supposedly supports bmp files for raster engraving but apart from the bmp file I imported from Illustrator every bmp file I open is completely stretched and out of dimension any idea why this happens ?

@bostosh

vcarve can do it but only for vector engraving right or am I wrong ? mcam I'm not familiar with it

Material type is plywood

@Nolan Yang
    What version of lasercut is that ? mine is 6.1
    I don't have that window in my program, not that I know of, in fact although there are some similarities my program looks quite different from the one in your screen, mine is from gweike might that be it ?

Thank you

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Nolan Yang View Post
    my software is not lasercut, but you can find this familiar screen on it.
    your software is rdcam laserwork, right ?

is it compatible with leetro 6535 controller ?

Downloads
    Uploads

Problem finally solved and so easy to do also

Just in case anyone faces the same problem solution is to vectorize the image or in my case the letter save as DXF import to Lasercut and select engrave and machine will fill the letter not just engrave the outline, duh !

I've had the machine for a year now but have only used it to cut pieces, not much engraving apart from a couple of photos but glad I found out how to do it.

Thank you all for your help .