Thread: Excited about my order: Thunder Laser Nova 35

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Excited about my order: Thunder Laser Nova 35

I just ordered a Thunder Laser Nova 35 with the following options:
    Rotary Attachment
    HD Optics
    CW5000 Chiller

I live near Wilmington NC so the plan is to pick it up at the port.

The pre-sales support has been fantastic. No high pressure sales. No question too big or too small.

Shipping/Customs is the only thing about the process that has made me nervous...and not on Thunder Laser's end. They really know what they are doing.

I contacted a few Customs Brokers, there prices varied greatly. I narrowed it down to two, but end the end decided to go with a company that's offices are only a mile away from the port. They travel there many times a day working with customs and other shipping tasks. The now the warehouse staff etc. The runner up was super helpful but worked out of Chicago I believe.

So if my funds got wired appropriately by my small hometown bank...then we are in business. I will certainly update this thread as the process unfolds.

I know I will have a pretty good wait, so I am going to be building a room in my workshop to house the laser in a cleaner environment.
    I will be running a few new electrical circuits. I am getting the 80watt laser.. any suggestions for it's circuit? 15 Apps OK?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Excited about my order: Thunder Laser Nova 35

I am building a room that will have HVAC, and free of sawdust for the laser.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

The Dallas Makerspace has a Thunder Laser inbound (it's in the middle of the Pacific right now) to replace/upgrade the Full Spectrum Laser we have been using for several years.

We're hoping it will stand up to the abuse that all of our equipment gets, 1000+ members at a 24/7/365 workshop can be a little hard on the gear...

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Congrats I bet you'll love it!
    Quote Originally Posted by anthropod View Post
    Rotary Attachment
    HD Optics
    CW5000 Chiller

The pre-sales support has been fantastic. No high pressure sales. No question too big or too small.

Shipping/Customs is the only thing about the process that has made me nervous...and not on Thunder Laser's end. They really know what they are doing.

I contacted a few Customs Brokers, there prices varied greatly. I narrowed it down to two, but end the end decided to go with a company that's offices are only a mile away from the port. They travel there many times a day working with customs and other shipping tasks. The now the warehouse staff etc. The runner up was super helpful but worked out of Chicago I believe.

So if my funds got wired appropriately by my small hometown bank...then we are in business. I will certainly update this thread as the process unfolds.

I know I will have a pretty good wait, so I am going to be building a room in my workshop to house the laser in a cleaner environment.
    I will be running a few new electrical circuits. I am getting the 80watt laser.. any suggestions for it's circuit? 15 Apps OK?

Trotec Speedy 400 120w, Trotec Speedy 300 80w, Thunder Laser Mars-130 (130w), Signature Rotatory Engraver

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Rotary Attachment
    HD Optics
    CW5000 Chiller

Congrats! What kind of costs are involved for the whole thing? Been debating a used one thats local right now or brand new.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Congrats!!

E-mail:nolan@thunderlaser.com facebook:https://www.facebook.com/ThunderLaser
    Facebook Laser Cutter Tech Support: https://www.facebook.com/groups/lasercuttertechsupport

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Inkable View Post
    Congrats! What kind of costs are involved for the whole thing? Been debating a used one thats local right now or brand new.

Right now I have about $6570 into it. (Including Ocean Freight) The unknowns are the customs/warehouse/etc. My guess is I'll have another $700-$800. Hopefully less. I'll provide an update about the whole picking it up at the port..etc when it comes in.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Cool Re: Excited about my order: Thunder Laser Nova 35

Hi Anthropod
    How are things progressing for you? Has your laser arrived yet? I also ordered a Nova35 with 100w co2 tube. Extras include, HR Head, Rotary Axis, 4" Laser Head, CW5000 water chiller. My ships tracking says it will be at the Suez Canal June 10th. I really liked what you were doing by creating a clean environment room for your laser . My shop is 24 X 44 with a 12 X 12 finish room inside the shop. Unfortunately I don't think I have enough room to enclose my Legacy CNC and Laser machine like you did. My shop can be seen on Lumberjocks. cvalley's Workshop @ LumberJocks.com ~ woodworking community

Clare

Downloads
    Uploads

I really like your shop! It looks fantastic. Things are moving along with my laser. It made it to New York last week and is currently on another boat heading to Wilmington NC. It should be there by Friday. What I don't know is how long it's going to be before I can pick it up. My new home for it is finished. I'll upload more pics when I get it in place.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you for your photos.

E-mail:nolan@thunderlaser.com facebook:https://www.facebook.com/ThunderLaser
    Facebook Laser Cutter Tech Support: https://www.facebook.com/groups/lasercuttertechsupport

Downloads
    Uploads

Update! My Laser is in Wilmington North Carolina. I should be able to pick it up in the next few days, I will borrow a trailer as I found out it is slightly wider than the bed of my truck.
    This weekend I should be making my first cuts/engravings. I will post update photos/and perhaps a video of it's new home and installation.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Update! My Laser is in Wilmington North Carolina. I should be able to pick it up in the next few days, I will borrow a trailer as I found out it is slightly wider than the bed of my truck.
    This weekend I should be making my first cuts/engravings. I will post update photos/and perhaps a video of it's new home and installation.
    Thats awesome anthropod. Mine is going through the straits of Gibralter now and will be in NYC on June 21st. I'd guess 9 days to Detroit so by June 30th or July 1st it should arrive at Detroit port. I don't know how long it will take to off load and warehouse it and inform me.
    Tell me anthropod did you have an import broker to simplify your ordeal and keep all the paper work straight? What fees have you accumulated post purchasing and shipping?
    I would imagine your enthusiasm is pretty high right now.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast