Need Help! Laser cutting 3/8 steel

Thread: Laser cutting 3/8 steel

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Angry Laser cutting 3/8 steel

Hey. I have a Trumpf TruLaser 3040 and TruFlow 5000 laser. Everytime I cut 3/8 steel it never cuts good, if at all. Always have problems with the parts sticking into the sheets. I'm using the correct tech table and everything but something is clearly wrong. The previous employee before me knew lots about it and seemed to cut good for him. But he didn't share any of that knowledge to me. I've fiddle around tweaking the settings to what the Trumpf data collection manual says but even with the settings they give me the parts still stick into the sheet. It's so bad most of the time I can't even hammer the parts out. Every other thickness of steel cuts perfect without any issues. I've tried using a different nozzle size and nothing seems to be working. It almost seems like when it's cutting it's getting too hot. I've noticed when it's cutting there is a small bit of smoke coming out from where it had cut. I've lowered the power and changed speeds and you name it I've done it. If anyone has any ideas for me, tips or something please let me know. I'm tired of this frustration.

Thanks!!