Need Help! Cutting circles issue - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cutting circles issue

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Cutting circles issue

//Anyway I gave up and just using RDWorks Skew feature to skew everything I cut by -0.4 horizontal and -0.15 vertical. That trick does the business.//

BTW this is exactly what I suggested few posts earlier.

Screenshot of the function:

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cutting circles issue-0-2-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Storen View Post
    //Anyway I gave up and just using RDWorks Skew feature to skew everything I cut by -0.4 horizontal and -0.15 vertical. That trick does the business.//

BTW this is exactly what I suggested few posts earlier.
    Yep, thats where I got that idea from thanks btw!

Downloads
    Uploads

Cool. It is annoying to do it manually every time. Sometimes I forget and the cut-pieces don't assemble well. I guess it is a common issue - I am surprised there is no permanent setting for that in the software...

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

The biggest problem on my machine is, the the geometric error varys dynamicly depending on the section of the table.

This means, i can setup the mirror alignment perfectly on both axis to have the spot not moving when driving each single axis,but as soon as i start moving altering the position of both axis the game is over.

So for example.
    I first align mirror 1 to have the beamspot not moving on entry of mirror 2 when driving the y axis.
    Then i let the axis stay in the front position and adjust mirror 2 to point to the entry of the head not moving the beamspot when driving the x axis.
    But then as soon as i drive the y axis back the aligment of the x axis is gone.
    This tells me that there is a dynamic error, this could mean, the y rail is not straigt or one side of the y axis is driven more or less as the other side.
    Beside this problen i even had a misaligned y to x axis angle.

What i found out is, that the dynamic problem and even the problem with the ridges on cutted edges where getting less when i tried to solve the problem with the not leved linear bearing rails.
    After thinking more and more about this problems i am more convinced that i could solve all of them by reworking the whole mechanical structure of the gantry and to exchange the linaer bearings with other types.
    So next step will be to remove the whole blackmetal frame where the linear rails are mounted and exchange or at least rework/fix this to have one common plane level and mounting holes for the rails where the rails are mounted 100% at 90deg to each other.

The linear bearing system itself has the problem that it is not moving smooth. The problem got worse when i put oil to the rails. I then cleaned up the rails guides (disassembled them fully and removed the oil from every single ball) and found this to have the most effect but would not define this as good working state as without some kind of oil it would wear out quite quick.
    I think that the linear bearing type that is used on this system is simply not suitable for the task it is used for. I think that on this application where no real force is involved (other than on a mill where heavy physical stress is involved) a linear bearing system with different parameters should be used.
    I will soon check with a local company that is specialized in linear bearing systems what better option they would suggest.

We will see.

best regards,
    Walter

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Labmaster View Post
    The biggest problem on my machine is, the the geometric error varys dynamicly depending on the section of the table.

This means, i can setup the mirror alignment perfectly on both axis to have the spot not moving when driving each single axis,but as soon as i start moving altering the position of both axis the game is over.

So for example.
    I first align mirror 1 to have the beamspot not moving on entry of mirror 2 when driving the y axis.
    Then i let the axis stay in the front position and adjust mirror 2 to point to the entry of the head not moving the beamspot when driving the x axis.
    But then as soon as i drive the y axis back the aligment of the x axis is gone.
    This tells me that there is a dynamic error, this could mean, the y rail is not straigt or one side of the y axis is driven more or less as the other side.
    Beside this problen i even had a misaligned y to x axis angle.

What i found out is, that the dynamic problem and even the problem with the ridges on cutted edges where getting less when i tried to solve the problem with the not leved linear bearing rails.
    After thinking more and more about this problems i am more convinced that i could solve all of them by reworking the whole mechanical structure of the gantry and to exchange the linaer bearings with other types.
    So next step will be to remove the whole blackmetal frame where the linear rails are mounted and exchange or at least rework/fix this to have one common plane level and mounting holes for the rails where the rails are mounted 100% at 90deg to each other.

The linear bearing system itself has the problem that it is not moving smooth. The problem got worse when i put oil to the rails. I then cleaned up the rails guides (disassembled them fully and removed the oil from every single ball) and found this to have the most effect but would not define this as good working state as without some kind of oil it would wear out quite quick.
    I think that the linear bearing type that is used on this system is simply not suitable for the task it is used for. I think that on this application where no real force is involved (other than on a mill where heavy physical stress is involved) a linear bearing system with different parameters should be used.
    I will soon check with a local company that is specialized in linear bearing systems what better option they would suggest.

We will see.

best regards,
    Walter
    Hi Walter, some chinese machines (50w) has Y axis loom rail badly designed, and while moving on Y axis it bends the mirror 2 where it is squeezed... If you have a laser pointer in between laser tube and 1st mirror, and if you can align it correctly, you can find this issue by using laser pointer and a target print sticker on the head unit entry... when you move the laser in the Y axis, beam will be linear most times but will dip or bump at certain positions... if like you said you have other mechanical issues problem maybe different but this problem is there as well...

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by arbuzas View Post
    I spent good couple days aligning beam, that was first thing I suspected for this issue. Beam is aligned now but problem still exists.

Y axis both belts where bit on the loose side so I tightened them but not too mad. Though I can't see any difference really.

I did couple more tests with different RDWorks settings as I read somewhere that option "Backlash reapy optim" in "Output" tab helps with this issue. It does something, see attached pictures for the results. BTW my machine is also 500x300.

Attachment 310318Attachment 310320Attachment 310322

Hey arbuzas, I got a 50W machine and had the same issue with circles and squares always at starting point... I was messing with vendor settings to fix it to no available... i accidently found the solution! in the cut optimization menu, check BLOCK HEIGHT and set it to MAX value if it is anything of a lower value then your max Y height... unselect every other option in the cut optimization menu, and select up to bottom (though i m yet to check other options...) my circles wouldnt meet ends, until i accidentally played with the block value and unchecked all other options in there... once you set max block height, and unselecting everything in the menu, do a max rectangle size you can make, measure and note values down (for example: draw a 450mm by 250mm rectangle and measure what actual sizes comes out) and go to FILE /VENDOR SETTINGS, and click on READ at the bottom, select X and click the "... " menu right top side, where a window will open saying measured size and drawn size or something like that... add your values as for example, 450 drawn size vs 451 or 449 etc measured (actual size) which will calculate stepper properly... do the same for Y axis, and click WRITE at the bottom!

once done, you will have perfect circles and squares etc... make sure dont click on any option that says optimization like path optimization etc on the user options section before start on the main screen... good luck and report mate...

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

[Q1UOTE=arbuzas;1842984]Polling my hair here bit with this issue. My Chinese KH-5030 laser is having hard time cutting circles (not closing them or sometimes closing off from the start point). Maybe someone had similar issue? I toyed with the settings in RDWorks, which gave me mixed results but non of them perfect.

[/QUOTE]

Did you ever solve this problem? I have a KH-750 and have the exact same problem.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Well.. not really. In my case it is a mechanical issue if you will. There is something with rails and to fix it I would need to remove whole rail assembly, but for now I can't afford this downtime. And then again removing rail assembly could open new can of worms. For now I just use RDWords Transform->Skew feature to compensate this issue.

Downloads
    Uploads

Did find out what the issue was?

Downloads
    Uploads

I had this problem where circle arch don’t line up and solved it with high resolution stepper drivers.
    I’m using KL-5042E. At 25000 pulse/rev

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12