Need Help! Coreldraw to Lasercut 5.3 issues

Thread: Coreldraw to Lasercut 5.3 issues

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Coreldraw to Lasercut 5.3 issues

Hi all,

I'm new to these forums, so hopefully I'm in the right spot. If not, point me in the right direction and I'll go there

I'm having some issues engraving/rastering with my Rabbit Laser using Lasercut 5.3. I have a vector file that I created in CorelDraw x7. It's a .jpg converted to a bitmap, edited, and then saved as a .dxf file. When I import it to Lasercut, the solid lines have been replaced with what looks like an outline image. When I send the job to the laser, it engraves some of the lines the way I think it should, but anything that's enclosed, gets filled in completely. It's a retirement present for one of our local officers and I need to get it done asap.

This is what the file looks like on Corel Draw

This is how it translates into lasercut

This is what is being engraved

I'm new to lasercut. I have no issues cutting, but engraving is giving me a headache. I'm sure it's something easy I'm missing, but I need some help

Thanks for any advice you guys can throw my way. I started with a FSL hobby laser years ago, and decided to upgrade to the Rabbit. I love the machine, but the software is being uncooperative