Matching CorelDraw to machine

Thread: Matching CorelDraw to machine

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Matching CorelDraw to machine

I purchased a laser that I finished building that was originally from china. I have gotten it to cut but the scale is off. I am trying to figure out how to change settings so that when I draw 1" box in Corel, I get a 1" box cut.

Is there an online location that shows how to do that? Or any suggestion on where to start?

controller: MPC 6525a
    Software: Corel Draw x7 64bit
    laser cut 5.3 (with green dongle)

Thanx

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Matching CorelDraw to machine

Not sure if it would work in your case, but I import dxf files from Corel into Vectric Cut2d and the dimensions are perfect.

Downloads
    Uploads

Draw a 7 inch square in your laser software not Corel and see what size it cuts.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I wish i could tell you the answer but it really is about the same question i have since i am currently working on a rebuild of a chinese machine myself. Is it possible that you have to match up your ballscrews, acme or whatever you use to drive your axis with the controller software?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by fixtureman1 View Post
    Draw a 7 inch square in your laser software not Corel and see what size it cuts.
    I will do that and let you know.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ok, I thought the software was metric, but it was not. So I cut many a square to arrive at the setting of 56.14 (whatevers) to an inch using laser cut 5.3 I confirmed it from 10" down to 1" and using that value for an inch seemed to work out.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by goodgulf View Post
    Ok, I thought the software was metric, but it was not. So I cut many a square to arrive at the setting of 56.14 (whatevers) to an inch using laser cut 5.3 I confirmed it from 10" down to 1" and using that value for an inch seemed to work out.
    so given that information, how do I get corel draw to give me 1" = 56.14 steps?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Coral will always create a 1" box just like my bobcad software will always create a 1" inch box. It is the controller software that runs the gcode that needs set. I set mine by trial and error in the software that runs the gcode since there was no profile to load into my software for my Chinese cnc. The three parameters that affect your distance are units, velocity, and acceleration. These are determined by a combination of your steppers (or servos) and your ballscrews (or acme or whatever is your drivetrain). What is your software that runs the gcode?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Currently I generate a file in Corel Draw. Save it as DXF AutoCAD 2000 format. Import that into laser cut 5.3. Download it into the MPC6525a controller. I would then do a paper cut, measure and grow or shrink the resulting path in laser cut 5.3 until I get the output I want, then I cut it. So the Gcodes are being performed by the MPC controller but the translation is likely in laser cut 5.3. I am not against using different software, this is just what it came with. I am not trying to use it as a printer directly which I guess there are drivers for.

I was hoping there was a translation that could be done in corel to put out a different scale that could accomplish this.

So that means that I need to look into the MCP settings to see what does the translation. If that is where I need to deal with this, then either I have to figure out how to change the settings or I have to make a converter of some sort that takes the dxf and makes a new one with the proper size translation. At least that gives me somewhere to look.

Thanx

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

im no expert and don't want to lead you down the wrong path but I would dare say something in your lasercut software should have a setup page. I would search the cnczone for more info on the laser software.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have a manual so I will spend some quality time with it, but it is not written that well. I really appreciate the help. Thank you

Downloads
    Uploads

Where are you inputting the 56.13 setting

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Where are you inputting the 56.13 setting
    I am using the size function and taking the size that it is input and scaling it to 56.14 per inch. That is when I was trying to figure out how to make a 7" box. In general I import it, and try to figure out how big I want it to be and do a best guess on size. paper cut it, measure and repeat til I get what I want.

Downloads
    Uploads

I think your steps are off. 1 inch is 25.4 MM so 7 inches should be 177.8 MM in your size box

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I think your steps are off. 1 inch is 25.4 MM so 7 inches should be 177.8 MM in your size box
    That is what my assumption was, it was incorrect. I tried 25.4 to start with and it was wrong. to get 1 inch I needed to use 56.14.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

In "Laser cut" you should have a menu like "machine set" ( i am not sure but i think in the "file menu" )
    If you open this it may ask you a password, usually there is none set (you see only one asterisk), so simply click OK.
    Under "machine options" >>> "worktable" there are settings for X and Y axis for the "pulse unit"
    You have to modify this values for assigning your machine the right real word (steps, ballscrew ... whatever) informations. (usuay there is a button next to the "pulse unit" settings that contains some kind of a wizzard that helps you to find this value.
    When using this wizzard you mark a given distance with the laser (wizard may creat a drawing automaticaly), you measure the real lasered drawing and input this values into the wizzard.

best regards,
    Walter

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Wow, that would be great. Thank you for that information. I will look into it!

Thank you