X-Y axis don't move, Z does

Thread: X-Y axis don't move, Z does

Downloads
    Uploads

Default X-Y axis don't move, Z does

I've got a 36x48" Chinese laser that's been working OK for a couple years now. Right now, it turns on fine and can download programs fine. You can jog the Z axis normally, but the X-Y axis don't do anything. They are powered (You cannot move them by hand), but they don't respond to the controls. You can run a program and once the program is done, it beeps like it was completed, but the XY never even moved. All the controls look good. The lights are on, supplied with power etc. Any ideas?

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: X-Y axis don't move, Z does

Can you swap z axis driver pulse and dir into X and y drivers to test?

Downloads
    Uploads

Check your interlock bits. Some controls allows you ignore the axis.

Downloads
    Uploads

Took the cover off the Leetro controller and when I try to jog X and Y a light comes on, which leads me to think that is OK.

I swapped the Z axis driver wires with the Y axis and it doesn't move the Y or the Z. The Z axis driver is larger than the X or Y, so I'm wondering if it's not compatible with the others.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by DLDude View Post
    Took the cover off the Leetro controller and when I try to jog X and Y a light comes on, which leads me to think that is OK.

I swapped the Z axis driver wires with the Y axis and it doesn't move the Y or the Z. The Z axis driver is larger than the X or Y, so I'm wondering if it's not compatible with the others.
    Sorry you misunderstood, swap the Bob pulse and signal wires from working z to a non working axis driver. Not swapping drivers to difrent motors.

By swapping a working signal from Bob your checking for a faulty driver and also Bob outputs simultaneously as if the previously not working driver works with the confirmed working signal you know the other non working Bob outputs are either faulty, bad connection, or software error.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by drdos View Post
    Check your interlock bits. Some controls allows you ignore the axis.
    Hi,
    I have the same problem on my 60w gweike, as the x y z axis don't work. Can you please tell me what the interlock bits are? My controller is a Leetro 6515

Thanks,
    Ray

Downloads
    Uploads

Hey Jon,
    I think I understand what you mean. I moved my Z axis to the Y Axis control slot on the Leetro board and voila, the Y-axis on the control pad now moves the Z axis. I think this confirms the controller is good.

My question is this: Why when I swap the Y-Axis and the Z-Axis drivers, it does not allow me to move the Y axis around using the Z control? All the lights come on for all 3 drivers, and the motors have power (they cannot be moved by hand). It seems like I should be able to make the X or Y axis work using the Z driver if the XY drivers were the culprit

Downloads
    Uploads

If you change them and the z moves but not the y then the driver is bad check to see if there are any loose wires on that driver.

Downloads
    Uploads

No loose wires. Suppose I'll try a new driver, but it seems odd that two of the 3 drivers would go at the time time.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by DLDude View Post
    No loose wires. Suppose I'll try a new driver, but it seems odd that two of the 3 drivers would go at the time time.
    All three of mine have stopped working leaving me not knowing what to do to fix it.

Downloads
    Uploads

Oray,
    Can you move the laser head with your hands easily when the machine is turned on? If not, your driver power supply might be dead.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Maybe there are different power supplies/outputs, one (usually with higher voltage) for a bigger z-axis stepper motor and another for the other smaller x/y steppers.
    Could be that one of the power source are dead. (could be as simple as a small fuse)

best regards,
    Walter

Downloads
    Uploads

I was able to get the Y axis to run on the the Z axis driver, so I suspect the XY drivers went bad. Got replacements coming and I'll report back after I try it

Downloads
    Uploads

Update here:

New drivers have the X and Y up and running, however they move in the opposite direction. Very strange because the drivers are the same model as the old ones. No wires have been switched, so I'm definitely a little confused as to why they would reverse directions.

Also now my laser won't fire during a program. Seems when one things goes wrong everything else follows!

Downloads
    Uploads

there is a setting in the laser software to reverse the moves