Chinese Lasers - Page 5

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Chinese Lasers

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yeah, it is a long haul....

He's a consulting engineer for Cathay Pacific (Or Singapore Air?), and spends a few days at time at the different airports around Asia doing proceedural checks, and other consultant type things.. (Our common interest is model aircraft, so I really don't know for sure!)

Havn't heard back from 'im yet.. Will let you know when he replies to the email I sent yesterday.

Cheers, Me.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Exclamation I have problems with my Laser machine

I also have a problem with my laser engraver machine! I have a IE300 laser engraver from http://www.iehk.net/Products/IE300.html

When i try to engrave Drawing No. 1 it cuts Engrave No. 1 and when i try to engrave Drawing No. 2 it cuts engrave No. 2

It is the program or i didn't insert the proper settings?

I use the MoshiDraw Program... help me plzzz

Where did i go wrong??

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

That's pretty strange. I have no idea what could cause this. There is a patern in the output. I would suspect that maybe you are loosing a data bit on the parallel cable. Can you test the PC and printer cable to another printer. If so then I think you need to contact the manufacturer.
    Paul

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

So many Chinese lasers, so many horror stories.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi-ho,

Craig is in Chongqing until the late in May, and wont be in Beijing till some time in June. He said he'd email me when he knows the dates.. Hopefully you've got your laser on it's way by then, but if not we'll see if we can get him to do a drive-by, so to speak.

And for a useless fact, I didn't know where Chongqing was, so I Googled it. Did you now there are 40 cities in China with a population of more than 1 Million !? 13 with more than 2Million. Chongqing has about 6.6Million, and I'd never heard of it. 'tis a big place!!!

Cheers, Me.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yes, so many Chinese and it only takes one to make my blood boil at the moment. Looking for an appropriate smilie, think this one is appropriate

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by paulC View Post
    Yes, so many Chinese and it only takes one to make my blood boil at the moment. Looking for an appropriate smilie, think this one is appropriate
    rofl!!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

hkxy is still saying the laser will ship on 29th April.
    Here's hoping.
    Paul

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Paul,

I would like to suggest you use google and " chinese business culture" as a search and after reading it I think you may understand how they tick. I use to give English lessons to germans and some chinese at Airbus, so I know a little about how they work. Wish you the best of luck with your new machinery

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

i don't know!! do not buy a laser engraver or cutter from China! I have a lot of problem's with my own!

The precision is lame...at least the cheap one's!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Well HKXY has replied to my latest e-mail asking if he has shipped the laser with:
    Yes, is relating the waiting ship time
    about the DHL,is good.
    i am EMAIL to you.
    very sorry.
    xu.haixiang

I take this to mean he has shipped the laser at last. But I won't get too excited yet as I thought he had shipped it once before, only to find I had misinterprited what he was saying. Hopefully it will turn up on the shipping manifest and his interpriter will provide a more meaningful email.
    Paul

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Slamming the chinese

Well I'm sorry to hear the long delay in getting your laser. So far I am happy with the communication from Frank at hxlaser.com. The ship has docked in LA and my unit will be transferred for transport tomorrow. The person I am dealing with for import has called at least 4 times to clarify import duties and issues so all in all I can't complain YET.

They shipped when they said they would and once the unit is here and installed I'll let everyone know as to the manufacturing quality.

I own several machines for milling, cutting and finishing metal products so if this is anywhere near the quality of what I am expecting I will be very happy for the price. That will be determined fairly soon. I hope to run an order by the end of the month for a client that will validate the machine build quality. If successful or not I will document the outcome for everyone.

Remember when made in Japan was crap? One word...SONY...Say no more...
    I feel this is very much the same situation just 25 years later. Jury will receive their instructions soon in my case and I'll let you know.

For all concerned let's stay factual in what is reported and temper our personal opinion with dollar spent. Buy a porche and you get to b$%ch all you want if the leather doesn't smell right. Buy a VW Bug and praise the fuel economy.

Pete
    AKA Pedroman

Downloads
    Uploads

Did it ship? Did it ship? Did it ship?

We have to know!!!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Picking up my laser

I'm picking up my laser Monday or Tuesday in Chicago. It did take longer because of it being one parcel in a container. The cargo company devanned the container in LA repacked and transported by rail to the depot in Chicago.

Late this week I'll have an update. I have one job with 300 acrylic panels to make by June 1 so this will be a real test.

FYI Costs to ship from China to Chicago was $375.00, Duty and customs / Brokerage fees $315.00. Build time / Transport / Delays will total about 40 days from the date I wired money. Overall not too bad.

Cheers

Pete

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

And as for my laser. Who knows.
    HKXY has not sent me any email since that last one on about May 2nd.
    I suspect he's gone walk about again. He seems to go to a lot of trade shows. I just hope I can track it down via DHL to confirm it has been dispatched.
    Paul

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by paulC View Post
    And as for my laser. Who knows.
    HKXY has not sent me any email since that last one on about May 2nd.
    I suspect he's gone walk about again. He seems to go to a lot of trade shows. I just hope I can track it down via DHL to confirm it has been dispatched.
    Paul
    Unbelievable. Surely he will make good on his word and not take your money...

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hey Pedroman (Pete) from another Pete. I have also just 2 days ago ordered a laser from HXLaser. I have also had great communications with Frank in Plano Texas. He is very quick to reply to emails. Plus he has phone me twice, at his cost to dicuss the machine, answer questions etc. Please contact me off the group once you have received your machine, I would like to know more about it.

Once you get it, expect to spend several hours uncrating it, as it is apparently all packed with styrofoam and crated with 1" plywood. I know of another machine, also a HX12090SE that was just recently delivered to a customer in Danville Ohio. Maybe they are close by to you.

pstenabaugh@shaw.ca

I had a friend of mine, stop by and visit their factory in China (also a Chinese fellow) he talked with the general manager at their plant and send me some photos of the assembly plant. I can forward them you if you are interested, if you send my your personal email, off group. He said that in talking with them, he asked what is different between their machine and others that are more expensive.

The answer was that all Chinese machines are pretty much all the same, using pretty much all the same interior components etc. So the difference lies in support, the appearance of the machine and so on.

I also had my friend check out with some of his high up industrial friends (has has lots of connections in high places), and their comments where that the HX Laser company is a good reputable and reliable company that has a good product with good support.

Anyone looking for a laser would do well to contact them.

Knowing this I didnt mind purchasing a machine from this company, as they are the cheapest price I found, with the next higher machine coming in at about $1000 more, and other similar machines at $6000 to $6500. I got my machine for about 1/2 of that price, mind you the price has gone up slightly.

I expect delivery of my machine about the first part of July. It is the 80W HX12090SE with a cutting area of about 35" x 47" with 11" of interior clearance.

Pete

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Paul, when I was trying to get information to order a laser I also tried to contact HKXY on several occasions, but he never gave me the decency of a reply, so I went looking elsewhere. I ended up ordering from HXlaser, which I think is much cheaper anyway, and so far it seems pretty good. Their email response is immediate, sometimes even the same day. I ordered 2 days ago, so I expect delivery early July.

I hope you make out ok with your laser, but his lack of response really scared me.

Pete

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Stenabaugh View Post
    Paul, when I was trying to get information to order a laser I also tried to contact HKXY on several occasions, but he never gave me the decency of a reply, so I went looking elsewhere. I ended up ordering from HXlaser, which I think is much cheaper anyway, and so far it seems pretty good. Their email response is immediate, sometimes even the same day. I ordered 2 days ago, so I expect delivery early July.

I hope you make out ok with your laser, but his lack of response really scared me.

Pete
    I think I have made a big mistake with HKXY. He was very informative until he had my money. Even though he said he shipped the laser, DHL are saying different. He hasn't replied to my emails in over 2 weeks. I'm starting to wonder if I should contact Chinese trade mission to complain about him. I don't know if that would do any good. Its not a good situation to be in.
    Paul

Last edited by paulC; 05-21-2007 at 09:41 PM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I was able to contact HKXY on the phone this morning. (About 6am his time was thinking about ringing earlier.)
    He has been out of town supposedly.
    He said the laser was with DHL and he would follow it up. An email a short time later said he found DHL were holding it pending a shipping date. I asked that he get it shipped today and send me the tracking number. We will see.
    Paul

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast