Chinese Lasers - Page 4

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Chinese Lasers

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Here we go again,

Just one email from him would put your mind at rest which you would think he would do as so many are watching to see if he will in deed be as good as he
    promised earlier. I HOPE HE WILL.

I have just TT money for my third laser to wklasers paid big money to have it flown in rather than by sea two reasons one being it takes 4/5 days to arrive and the other on a ship things get bumped from all angles.

Good Luck Paul

Trevor

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Heard from HKXY today. Says he has been away at an exhibition in Shanghai. He says laser was not collected due to a problem with packaging. I'm not sure if this is just an excuse or not. I have asked him to fix packaging and dispatch Monday. At least he is still talking to me. We will see what happens.
    Paul

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Red face

Just a quick update on my saga, I have now totally yanked the controller and software that was sent with the machine. Installed a virtual controller and now cutting with ease from Corel. I am preparing a shipment to China with the controller board and a detailed schematic with specific instructions on how they can shove it up...................... . 3/4 of the challlenge was finally coming to grips and remembering the fact I have automated recording consoles for 20+ years this should really be a non challenge. Once I just accepted I had purchased nothing more than a laser cutter kit and should expect no help or information from my little yellow brothers, things went quickly. Also it was coming to grips with learning to ignore their schematics and trusting nothing but my meter and my eyes. May the force be with you

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Any update Paul? On the edge of my seat here...

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by kiwichris View Post
    Any update Paul? On the edge of my seat here...
    The edge of your seat... I fell off mine some time ago.
    I'm still awaiting hkxy to fix the packaging and ship the laser. He replied to an e-mail yesterday. A bit hard to read as he was not using his interpreter.
    I think he is awaiting a shipment from Shanghi with the packaging solution. Says he has had some rather poor results in recent shipping of laser tubes with 9 out of 50 broken and this why he has to change the packaging.
    I'm getting very frustrated and I haven't even got the laser shipped yet.
    Paul

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Bugga...

Out of curiosity, what are you going to be cutting with it when it turns up?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Bugga...

Out of curiosity, what are you going to be cutting with it when it turns up?
    I want to set up a business creating tourisim merchandise. Fridge magnets, coasters etc. Not sure how it will pan out. All I really know is I've had enough of IT. 30 years in computing is enough for anyone. Will try and get the business up and running in what little spare time I have.
    Paul

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

OK...

Out of what material? ie: why a laser and not a router / cutter..

I looked at making Rimu jewellery boxes from recycled floorboards a couple of years ago, and it looked promising, but I got struck down by the CBF's and didn't get anywhere with it. .

You'd have to sell an awful lot of fridge magnets and other similar small items to pay for the table wouldn't you? Or is this a semi-retirement project... I've been in IT for 17, and I feel like retiring already!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Well I sent hkxy a nasty e-mail yesterday asking that he send the laser or refund me my money. As you would know it he responded saying he had dispatched the laser 2 days ago. He was also very apologetic, saying he had never experiences these problems before. The wording of his e-mail is a little ambigious so I have asked him to confirm that the laser has been shipped.
    I will also check with the shipping company.
    Until I see the laser on my door step I will still be worried.
    Paul

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

OK...

Out of what material? ie: why a laser and not a router / cutter..

I looked at making Rimu jewellery boxes from recycled floorboards a couple of years ago, and it looked promising, but I got struck down by the CBF's and didn't get anywhere with it. .

You'd have to sell an awful lot of fridge magnets and other similar small items to pay for the table wouldn't you? Or is this a semi-retirement project... I've been in IT for 17, and I feel like retiring already!
    I hope to have a range of product. I have 2 cnc routers. One made from mfd the other steel. I'm still finishing the steel router, just some limit switches, dust management and a table clamping system to go. I stopped work on this to build a shed to have some space for the laser when it arrives. I can hardly move in my garage at the moment. As to products, I have a few ideas but don't want to go into detail at the moment as I don't want someone stealing my ideas. The idea is to use both router and laser in the production.
    CBF's ? Don't understand the acronym.
    Paul

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by paulC View Post
    I hope to have a range of product. I have 2 cnc routers. One made from mfd the other steel. I'm still finishing the steel router, just some limit switches, dust management and a table clamping system to go. I stopped work on this to build a shed to have some space for the laser when it arrives. I can hardly move in my garage at the moment. As to products, I have a few ideas but don't want to go into detail at the moment as I don't want someone stealing my ideas. The idea is to use both router and laser in the production.
    CBF's ? Don't understand the acronym.
    Paul
    CBF's = Can't be Flipped, or any other colourful expletive you like to insert!

Sounds like you're a good way down the path on this, and have a plan you're working to.

I'm just playing, but would like to think when/if I build a larger router I could do some sign work. I know there is a small local market for sinage, but I've already got a full time, and 1.5 part time jobs, plus two young children, so my grand plans for diverse income take a long time to get anywhere!!

I did cut an MDF alphabet out for someone last week though, which because I spent so little on my machine means I'm now in the black on my CNC investment! . This is a reflection of how lousy the machine is though, rather than how sound it is as a business proposition!

Downloads
    Uploads

....because I spent so little on my machine means I'm now in the black on my CNC investment! . This is a reflection of how lousy the machine is though, rather than how sound it is as a business proposition!
    Bluntly honest! ROFL!!!! I love it!!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I did cut an MDF alphabet out for someone last week though, which because I spent so little on my machine means I'm now in the black on my CNC investment! . This is a reflection of how lousy the machine is though, rather than how sound it is as a business proposition!
    I spent a bundle on my first machine and although it works well, I'm not proud of it. Some time I intend to strip it down and start again as most of the gear is good. I didn't allow for the weight of the gantry so the x axis saged as it travelled. I had to put a roller and track underneath to support it. Messy but it works. Certainly I'm of the opinion that if you don't try something and make mistakes then you will never achieve anything. As long as you learn from the mistakes.
    Paul

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I should have known.
    HKXY hasn't shipped the laser.
    He has just given me another date of 29th April.
    I'm totally F%!!&% off.
    Paul

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Bummer...

Where in China is he?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Bummer...

Where in China is he?
    Beijing

Downloads
    Uploads

At least he's still replying to your messages. When you stop hearing from him altogether then you know your in trouble....if you already paid him...

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello Paul,

Sorry to see you are having problems with HKXY and hope you get your laser and works as it should and when you do maybe he should go back to makeing his model planes and not lasers as he has shown now that he is indeed the bad manufactuer he has been warning everyone to aviod in the past.

You will be able to do routing with a laser to perfect widths and depth of cut when you work it out making your router rerdundant.

Anyone looking to buy a laser should take a good look at WKlasers from whom i brought my third from ordered and tt money , five days later arrived in Australia
    not one bit of damage and all parts correct and working perfectley and the machine has moved on leaps and bounds since the first one i brought. they are on msm and have always kept me informed with the truth and speaks good english, i also see he is offering help to people having problems with their machines and i feel he will be still be in business when others will not.

Paul on a note of hkxy packing of the laser tube why dosent he fit it where it
    is supposed to go CLAMPED between to rubber clamps which is the safest way to transport them anyhow.

Good luck Paul

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by paulC View Post
    Beijing
    OK.. I have a friend who works in Shanghai thought he might be able to drop in.. He does travel around the country a fair bit for his job though, I'll drop him an email and see if he's going to be in Beijing in the next week or two. He's an aircraft engineer, so would have no problem with sorting the wood from the trees in Chinese.

Cheers, Me.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Shanghi is a long way from Beijing but if he is in the area that would be cool. I just have to hope that hkxy is actually telling the truth about his problems being sorted and him shipping the laser on the 29th. I have lost faith in him though.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast