Need Help! Full Spectrum Laser with slots on the side- strong odor

Thread: Full Spectrum Laser with slots on the side- strong odor

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Full Spectrum Laser with slots on the side- strong odor

Hi there! I'm pretty new to the laser cutting/engraving scene and I'm still trying to learn as much as I can Ive been renting an Epilog machine for the past few months, but decided to purchase my own for at home use. I just purchased the 24x16+ full spectrum laser recently. Yesterday was my first time cutting acrylic(home depot acrylic to be exact) however the odor is super powerful to the point where I was starting to feel a little lightheaded(I will probably start wearing a mask after this). I vented the exhaust fan outside of my garage. However i noticed the machine has a few slots on the sides and front, so I think the smell is just leaking out from those slots. I'm thinking either my exhaust fan isn't effective enough or the odor is also leaking through those slots. Is it possible to cover up the slots to keep all the fumes inside or would doing that damage any important components?
    Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Picture for reference.