I canceled my order a few months ago and went with a Chinese laser that was double the size. It was also cheaper, and I had it in less then a week from purchase.
My reasons for canceling -
- To many delays, I ordered on day 1, and at that time they gave the impression that units would be shipping in December. So at the time I had a glimmer of hope that I would have it by Christmas last year.
- Wifi only, they claimed it was to late to change the mold shortly after the preorder was completed. So they could not even add a Ethernet port, which the prototypes had?
- They still to this day have yet to show that they can actually cut a part on side 1, flip it over, and line up the cuts perfectly. To me this was a big selling point.
- No cooling on the basic, and locked down so you can not add one your self.
- Very short warranty, if I remember right the basic was 3 months while the pro was 6. They might have been double that, either way I was not happy with that.
- 12x20 work area, meaning every piece of stock you buy will need 4 inches trimmed off one end.
- Very limtied Z travel/range.
- The stupid graphics around the start button are not aligned with the start button!!!! It was like this from day one, and even after all of their delays they could not fix this?
- No plans to add basic cad/geometry/text functions to their cutting software. So if you scan a image and want a perfect circle cut around it, you will have to do that using other software first.
- And my last issue was with the way Dan would not talk about several topics. And hold back details on all of the delays. I know that its hard to put a timeline on a problem. But if you are having problems that you can not fix in a weeks time, let the backers know.
My Chinese laser has been great so far, and I can tweak various settings with the supplied software. I feel like this machine will have better parts support in the long term as well. So unless you need someone to hold your hand with a laser cutter, I would look at other machines.