Chinese laser cutter from eBay to cut (not just engrave) 3mm thick aluminium sheet?

Thread: Chinese laser cutter from eBay to cut (not just engrave) 3mm thick aluminium sheet?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Chinese laser cutter from eBay to cut (not just engrave) 3mm thick aluminium sheet?

I just can't find info anywhere on this matter: If I buy a Chinese laser cutter from eBay (for example a 60W model for £1400) will I be able to cut out different kind of shapes from 3 mm thick aluminium sheet? They all mention engraving but that's not what I am after, I want to actually cut through the sheet. Thanks in advance!

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Chinese laser cutter from eBay to cut (not just engrave) 3mm thick aluminium shee

No a CO2 laser can not cut aluminum or any metal. You need a different wavelength laser for that and they are expensive

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Chinese laser cutter from eBay to cut (not just engrave) 3mm thick aluminium shee

what fixer said. your not gonna do it period.

Downloads
    Uploads

Well I was afraid of you guys going to say that . It would be too good to be true for such a cheap lasert to cut alu. I will do some googling later in this matter but could you guys give me an idea that how much money would be a required wave length laser for this job?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

You are not even in the realm of reality with that 1400 pounds budget. If you want to cut aluminum with a laser you're talking a pretty powerful laser. From china probably $50k-$80k. From the us, $100k+ to do that. Look into water jet cutters, might be able to find one of those in the $20k-$30k range used.

Trotec Speedy 400 120w, Trotec Speedy 300 80w, Thunder Laser Mars-130 (130w), Signature Rotatory Engraver

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Nolan Yang View Post
    fiber laser to cut metal, it is more expensive, and the laser tube is about 500W or 1000W.
    Fiber lasers has no any laser tubes.

CNC lasers, constructions, service