Need Help! with 60w china laser

Thread: with 60w china laser

Default with 60w china laser

First when I bought the laser it worked fine then one day it just stopped working well I finally figured out that the switch wasn't making contact on one side so I fixed that and now it powers on ok. so no when I send the job from the computer to the laser it sends it ok you hear the laser beep like it received the job but it won't run it. I had no problem sending a job to the laser before I can even move the laser around from the program on the computer so I know it's communicating with the laser it's just not running the job. Is there anything I can do? the china laser doesn't come with a troubleshooting guide and the tech support in non existent I woud appreciate any help

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: with 60w china laser

Driven2112:

There are a few different issues to check, some hardware and some software.

I assume that when you say the laser won't run the job that the laser doesn't fire and the laser head doesn't move either; the machine just beeps. I had this same problem on my 50W eBay laser and it was due to the cutting area going beyond the limits of the machine. In other words, the part I was trying to cut was too large relative to the origin (cut starting point). I would send the file from the computer (using the Laserworks software in my case) and the laser machine would beep but nothing would happen. Looking closely at the control panel on the machine showed an error (something like "Frame too large" I believe). The machine thought the origin was somewhere in the middle of the table while I was assuming it was at 0,0. Once I reset the origin closer to 0,0 (using the Origin button on the machine control panel) the part cut fine.

The complicating factor is that the software also has options for where to set the origin as well. You can tell Laserworks (the program that came with my machine) to start cutting at the current head position, at machine zero (0,0 hard wired by the home switches on your machine), or at some other absolute position on the machine. So you need to make sure this is set properly before sending the file to the machine.

If all of this is set correctly (i.e. you have the origin on your machine and in the software set properly so that the part will fit on the bed) the other possibility is that your home switches were reset to the wrong location somehow. There should be a diagnostics mode on your machine where you can tell it to reset the X and Y axes. Typically machines do this when they are first powered on, but sometimes they get out of whack and the machine thinks its origin is not where it is supposed to be.

If the laser head moves but the laser just doesn't fire, then it is probably a laser tube or laser power supply issue (or possibly a water flow sensor error).

-robertk925

wklaserliu

Default Re: with 60w china laser

Quote Originally Posted by robertk925 View Post
    Driven2112:

There are a few different issues to check, some hardware and some software.

I assume that when you say the laser won't run the job that the laser doesn't fire and the laser head doesn't move either; the machine just beeps. I had this same problem on my 50W eBay laser and it was due to the cutting area going beyond the limits of the machine. In other words, the part I was trying to cut was too large relative to the origin (cut starting point). I would send the file from the computer (using the Laserworks software in my case) and the laser machine would beep but nothing would happen. Looking closely at the control panel on the machine showed an error (something like "Frame too large" I believe). The machine thought the origin was somewhere in the middle of the table while I was assuming it was at 0,0. Once I reset the origin closer to 0,0 (using the Origin button on the machine control panel) the part cut fine.

The complicating factor is that the software also has options for where to set the origin as well. You can tell Laserworks (the program that came with my machine) to start cutting at the current head position, at machine zero (0,0 hard wired by the home switches on your machine), or at some other absolute position on the machine. So you need to make sure this is set properly before sending the file to the machine.

If all of this is set correctly (i.e. you have the origin on your machine and in the software set properly so that the part will fit on the bed) the other possibility is that your home switches were reset to the wrong location somehow. There should be a diagnostics mode on your machine where you can tell it to reset the X and Y axes. Typically machines do this when they are first powered on, but sometimes they get out of whack and the machine thinks its origin is not where it is supposed to be.

If the laser head moves but the laser just doesn't fire, then it is probably a laser tube or laser power supply issue (or possibly a water flow sensor error).

-robertk925
    Hi Robert,

Your explain so clear, great

Quiven from gweike laser
    skype; wkquiven
    tel:86-15698041856