newbe needs help with china laser

Thread: newbe needs help with china laser

Default newbe needs help with china laser

I just purchased the ENGRAVER MACHINE 60W it took me all day to figure out how to get my computer to find It when I finally got it working the laser seemed weak I put it up to 90% and it wouldn't cut through 1/4 in acrylic it would jus barely break the surface. well I was trying to make a few things to try it out and it just shut off and hasn't turned back on since. I tried to see if any wires were off or burnt on the inside and it all looks normal. what can try? the manual has nothing like a troubleshooting guide in it

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: newbe needs help with china laser

You should check if mirrors and lens are clean and also the light path:

or

You can loose 90% of the laser's power if the light path is not correct !

Quote Originally Posted by Mcbride19 View Post
    You should check if mirrors and lens are clean and also the light path:

or

You can loose 90% of the laser's power if the light path is not correct !
    The problem is It doesn't power on at all it's dead it was running fine and the it shut off not even the the blower or water pump the nothing

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ok...
    so your laser tube may be out of order

if it was the tube wouldn't the whole machine at least start up it is completely dead I was making something and I thought it blew a fuse because it completely shut off but the fuse wasn't blown I tried other things in that outlet and they were ok

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Have you given the emergency stop button a twist? Its surprising how often that get pushed in.

yes that was the first thing I tried I was standing there watching it run when it happened it just was in the middle of running and it shut off like I blew a fuse in the house but it wasn't the fuse

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

You checked the fuse in the power socket on the machine? Mine has a fuse in the socket.
    Any power board/strips in use with over load protection in them?

I saw two fuses inside the unit one was soldered directly they both looked ok

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

i have that machine, plugged all the accessories into the back, it burned up the main switch, so i put everything on a power strip, and jumpered the main switch, it was only rated to 10 amps.
    have since replaced the main switch.
    now i want the password for it to check it hasnt been derated

Quote Originally Posted by sawmiller View Post
    i have that machine, plugged all the accessories into the back, it burned up the main switch, so i put everything on a power strip, and jumpered the main switch, it was only rated to 10 amps.
    have since replaced the main switch.
    now i want the password for it to check it hasnt been derated
    Ok thanks I'll have to check out the switch where did you order the new switch from?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

just ordered one off ebay, hard part was finding one that had 2 no contacts.
    the sides of the switch are clear so you can see how the contacts make up, on mine the metal heatred up and melted into the plastic just enough to open the circut on one side

Quote Originally Posted by sawmiller View Post
    just ordered one off ebay, hard part was finding one that had 2 no contacts.
    the sides of the switch are clear so you can see how the contacts make up, on mine the metal heatred up and melted into the plastic just enough to open the circut on one side
    What was the name of the part that you looked up to find it I did searches for different switches but I didn't get any results

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

2 Pcs LA86D 2 Position 2NO Key Start Locking Momentary Power Switch AC 380V 10A | eBay
    they are actually 1nc, 1no ,
    so i took the no contact out of one and put it in the other. fiddly work, but its done now and working.
    i had the machine running for a while by jumpering over the contacts and using the powerstrip to turn it on and off, just be sure of what your doing, work safe

ok thanks mine doesn't have a key it's just a 2 position switch will that one work?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

its working for me after i did that mod.
    the main switch is in 2 parts, the control ( key/switch) and a set of contacts, you separate it by pressing down on the white piece of plastic between the 2 of them, mix and match as you want, i wanted a key lock

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

btw i also found the installed tube was not set right for the water flow.
    the water outlet (right side) was at 45 instead of at the top, there was a small bubble at the mirror.
    turned the tube so the outlet was on top, and gained about 10% power.
    had to realign mirrors after turning tube thou. the beam was hitting the inside of the nozzle, causing reflections.

ok thanks everyone for the help I'll try getting a new switch and see if it starts up then I make sure the laser is aligned properly. Also thanks for the videos. Also I have one more question once I do get it running how do you center your project I know how it works on my cnc machine but from what I seen in videos It looks like you do it differently with the laser

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello, please if you machine is new , check the input voltage , some times manufacturer send 220V configuration and your local input is 110-120V , second check if th DC power supply inside machines has LEDS turned ON ,and if your machine has amperimeter , check current for 60w laser tubes around 24 mA, then if all is OK , make align process after finish clean all optics with alcohol isopropilic
    The best luck