mA meter on 40w china laser

Thread: mA meter on 40w china laser

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default mA meter on 40w china laser

I have a analog dial type mA meter on my 40w china laser. It reads 25mA at max power, is this correct? I just read that the 40w laser should not be run at over 15mA?

Similar Threads:

Default Re: mA meter on 40w china laser

15mA sounds about right for a 40w tube. I believe there should be some kind of pot on your power supply with which you can decrease the power, but I'm by no means an expert so please wait until someone else comments before you go sticking a screwdriver into any holes on your laser PSU!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by WolverineX View Post
    15mA sounds about right for a 40w tube. I believe there should be some kind of pot on your power supply with which you can decrease the power, but I'm by no means an expert so please wait until someone else comments before you go sticking a screwdriver into any holes on your laser PSU!
    with 15mA it would not cut anything.. rather burn the tube than have a completely useless machine..

is this how the 35w laser tube is turned into a 40w? by running it at higher current?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

hi there
    I don't quite understand what you need . if your K40 does not cut at least 1/8 ( 3mm) acrylic with 15mA ( never go higher and watch the cooling water temperatur it should never go above 24degree C (78F)and speed of 8 to 10 mm then ether your tube lost power and you need a new one , how old is the tube?
    but first I would check the beam alignment, starting at the first mirror ( right next to the tube outlet) and then go to the gantry mirror in both end stations and then the 3th mirror on the laser head on all four corners the beam need to be dead center all the time. next check the focal distance
    greetings
    walt