GOLDEN LASER laser cutter problem

Thread: GOLDEN LASER laser cutter problem

Downloads
    Uploads

Default GOLDEN LASER laser cutter problem

we just bought a golden laser fabric laser cutting machine and we are using windows 8. i cant seem to get the softdog driver or usb driver installed..i install the softdog driver and it tells me its installed but it doesnt show in my device manager.. after its installed the computer should have detected the laser and automatically installed the usb driver but it doesnt.

the software says windows 7 and i know im using windows 8 but that shouldnt be a problem right? i used windows 8 compatibility settings and still no luck...anyone have any ideas?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: GOLDEN LASER laser cutter problem

Dear,
    If software just says it is Win7 , maybe this is the problems, you can ask the sales to send you the win8 driver ,it will work
    Hope this can help

Best Regards

Quote Originally Posted by manakawari View Post
    we just bought a golden laser fabric laser cutting machine and we are using windows 8. i cant seem to get the softdog driver or usb driver installed..i install the softdog driver and it tells me its installed but it doesnt show in my device manager.. after its installed the computer should have detected the laser and automatically installed the usb driver but it doesnt.

the software says windows 7 and i know im using windows 8 but that shouldnt be a problem right? i used windows 8 compatibility settings and still no luck...anyone have any ideas?

Lucy Lee G.WEIKE LASER
    han@wklaser.com

Downloads
    Uploads

That would be great but iv been trying to get a responce from golden laser for 2 weeks and nothing.

Downloads
    Uploads

so i plugged in the dongle on a windows 7 computer, i install the driver but the same thing happens, it says its successfully installed but device does not show in my device manager....it simply says "usb dongle" with an exclaimation point...im at a loss as to what to do next.... golden laser just will not respond to emails and i finally got them on skype last night and the person just kept telling me to email my sales person(the same person i have been emailing for weeks with no reply) this is a nightmare ,..... can someone offer a reasonable suggestion as to how i can get this machine running? i would attempt to just install different software from a third party but this laser is a bit unique in the fact that it has a conveyor belt automatic feed and im not sure how that would work if at all with another type of software....how the hell does a company sell a $30,000 machine and just not reply to a simple email?? i would pay someone who thinks they can come here and get it running properly...we are in nyc

Downloads
    Uploads

ok so i seem to have made a little progress...i attempted to install this on an older computer i have that uses windows xp...i was able to connect the laser and i seem to have been successful in installing the usb driver, and i also thought i was successful in installing the softdog driver(it said i was) but the softdog does not list in the device manager and when i then attempt to install the golden laser software, i get an error that dongle is not installed...i have tried it in several ports...this is absolutely crazy that im forced to post on a forum for help because this worthless company refuses to respond to a single email after i made payment...i would get several emails a day before payment and now i get absolutely nothing...this is so unbelievable!!!! the funny thing is that we are an extremely large factory and we have 5 laser cutters and we are constantly buying more equipment every couple months...they would have gotten so much business from us if they just knew how to treat people..

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Dear frient I was going to buy a similar machine from_ them. And was asked them if the after sale service was enough to make my decision.
    Thank you for your post.

Downloads
    Uploads

ok so they gave me a techs skype number who was in the united states and he was extrmely helpful..its up and running now and this machine is fantastic!

Downloads
    Uploads

actually the tech is in the united states and he is coming to our factory on monday for a free training session for 2 days...i may have spoken too soon, there was an email problem and evidently they were unable to reach me...since i got them on skype the service has been fantastic..i will reserve judgment until i see how well the machine holds up but so far the machine is a fantastic machine at a tiny fraction of what our american lasers cost...we had a chinese laser in the past and it was a POS , but this machine is actually built better than our epilogs and offers soooooo many more features...its more powerful and literally 4 times the size and it cost maybe 20 percent of what the epilog cost....so far, i think i made a very good choice with this machine...

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you for the update

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have a golden laser jg5030 and had the same problem. Solution: get a XP on a partition or get an old pc with xp.. I did that; bought a laptop with win8 and couldn´t make it work so end up using my old desktop pc with XP, and works. I have to set up the damn software everytime I use it but it´s better than nothing. I use to have a laptop with win7 original but had to change it to XP in order to make it work; even to the extent of acctually ruining the funcionallity of the laptop. all in all I will say that to get an older win xp would be the only solution. If you get it to work in win8 please let me now... Hope I've been usefull.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Normally free training will be provided after the machine arrive in your workshop.
    You install the machine yourself?
    Quote Originally Posted by manakawari View Post

Downloads
    Uploads

I know this is a late reply, but we recently bought a 2011 year Golden Laser, 130 watt. 1300x700.
    The software is rather obnoxious, but I design in Corel Draw anyhow, and treat the software as a printer driver instead.

However I can't seem to get it to raster engrave vector fills - only to cut vectors.

I'd appreciate a chance to chat with anyone who's walked this path before me! Cutting is fine - just not engraving.

Downloads
    Uploads

I don't believe you can raster engrave vectors with golden lasers software...try converting your art to a .bmp and import that into the software...if im not mistaken, golden laser engraving files must be .bmp and if not its another format other than vector.

Downloads
    Uploads

Yes, thanks, that's the only way...
    I've bought a Ruida RDG6442G controller & console/keypad, to install when I get the chance... but for the moment the machine is working well at cutting 20 & 25mm acrylic and I don't want to upset it!
    The Softdog & software is dreadful, but I design in Corel and export as dxf, and it works fine.
    It is a bit of a pain that for every different substrate & colour, I have to manually type in the power and speed settings.
    It would be nice if they could be just assigned to a job and memorised.

I did raster engrave a couple of BMPs to check out its ability, and it's pretty slow, compared with our little Universal laser.
    But as far as cutting big stuff goes, it's nice.

*recommendation: align the mirrors!*

Downloads
    Uploads

yes, we have 4 laser cutters and we never use our golden laser for engraving because its too slow...that said, for cutting, its much faster than any of my epilogs...this post is quite old now so I might as well give an update...I believe we have had our machine for almost 3 years now? its still running great, golden laser tech support is amazing...the tech stops by at least once a year whenever he is in new York to see how things are and to repair and tune up our machine free of charge and if we need him to come special for a repair, we only need to pay for his hotel and hell spend the whole day here.

We bought two machines from them now and are considering a third soon

Downloads
    Uploads

Wow!
    Tech support in Australia is negligible as far as I know - however I'm the third owner of the machine - left to learn it on my own, and service it as well - but we're running it under Win7.
    I still find the software very clunky. Ctrl-Z often does not work to undo something (like a deletion).

Thanks for your reply.

Downloads
    Uploads

maybe you don't have the newest software? yea, when it comes to second and third owners, I don't think they are as interested in providing service or support but since we have bought quite a few machines from them and average another one every year, plus all the supplies directly from them, they kinda give us great attention...plus Australia might not sell as many machines as the USA so the techs are not in your area very often but here in America, our tech is local a few times a year.

I find the software a bit crappy too, it crashes on me a lot but I have no problem with undoing, and control Z works fine for that...id try to install the most recent version of their software.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the reply - our Goldenlaser software is of 2011 vintage... and yes, it crashes too - I've learned to use the software only as a printer driver, and not for any editing or file creation.

The laser itself is very good.

Would you happen to have a contact from whom I could download an update to the software, or someone who could put it on Dropbox?

HelloI highly appreciated if you could send me an email mili0507@yahoo.com the GoldenLaser software, I have the same model jg5030. I have been trying for 2 weeks to get the software and I can't succeed. Thank you
    HelloAs it is highly appreciated if you could send me an email mili0507@yahoo.com Gold laser software, I have the same model jg5030. I have been trying for 2 weeks to get soft and I can't succeed. Thank you

I highly appreciated if you could send me an email mili0507@yahoo.com the GoldenLaser software, I have the same model jg5030. I have been trying for 2 weeks to get the software and I can't succeed. Thank you