Laser for Aluminum - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Laser for Aluminum

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

We just got a new Amada 4000watt laser at work. I can do .500 Alum at work no problem. Never tried anything thicker. Never had a problem with piercing and also the machine has auto reflection detection. I will look into the libraries tommorow to see the thickest for Alum. I know we can cut 1 inch steel plate with no issues.

Downloads
    Uploads

We have a 5000watt PRC laser head on a BLS machine. It can cut aluminium to 12mm, but we play it safe and only cut 8mm. Aluminium is one of the hardest materials to cut with laser, its very reflective of the beam and a risky operation, a reflection back up the beam parth can damage the resonator. The PRC head is worth over $400,000. I dont think you will find a laser that can cut 25mm.
    Glenn

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

1.0 thick alu no way with laser. What deanc500 said.

I have found that punching is the way to go for Aluminum. We have a Trumpf 600L combo punch and laser that we would punch as much as possible and only use the laser for special shapes. There are other companies that have purchased punch only machines to reduce the cycle time for cutting materials like aluminum / galvanize.

Greg
    Home Page: http://www.ctcn.net/~3kings/index.html

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12