Need Help! Fiber lasers. Good/Bad experiences, cutting speeds, problems, automation

Thread: Fiber lasers. Good/Bad experiences, cutting speeds, problems, automation

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Fiber lasers. Good/Bad experiences, cutting speeds, problems, automation

Our company is looking into a new fiber laser 4000watt or bigger. We have looked at trumpf and amada so far. Anyone that currently is running one, could you provide me with some pros/cons, likes/dislikes, advantages/disadvantages, cut speeds. We are currently running 10 trumpf CO2's and 2 amada CO2's. We cut anything from 22ga-5/8". Obviously going to keep some CO2's for the thicker gauges. If you guys could let me know the machine you are running and some things you like and dislike about them it would be much appreciated! Also looking into automation, load/unload capabilities. Thank you in advance for any knowledge you can share.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

You are probably in the wrong place...try
    Laser engineering Forum - Eng-Tips

Downloads
    Uploads

You are probably in the wrong place...try

Laser engineering Forum - Eng-Tips

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Fiber lasers. Good/Bad experiences, cutting speeds, problems, automation

Quote Originally Posted by helaser View Post
    I can tell you about my opinion about CO2 lasers,the maintence cost is extremely expensive.also the after-sales service cost of trumpf and amada is expensive.
    You can also say it using cost.
    The advantage is good quality.
    Sincerely............Seven

having had some dealings with trumpf service department, their over the phone troubleshooting has always been cheap (as in free) and parts yes they seem expensive but really its the going price for that kind of hardware.

wklaserliu

Default Re: Fiber lasers. Good/Bad experiences, cutting speeds, problems, automation

HI Bruuner CO2,

dear for fiber laser cutitng machine, we have 1000w or so.

http://www.wklaser.com/index.php?m=c...124&l=2&id=272

,LF1530, OR LF1325 with 500w or 1000w IPG or racuys,

you will choose machine according to how thick you will cut ?
    for more news you can contact me:
    chloe@wklaser.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello Brunner,

We have 2 laser's at the moment. we have Trumpf 1030 3k Fiber, and a 5040 CO2.

The laser design on the Trumpf Fibers is an amazing design. the 1030 and 2030 machine design is not the best, I would go with a 3030 or better. no smaller then 4k, If you look at the way the 1030 and 2030 trumpf lay out its, you will see the pallet changer will cause some problems.

Our 1030 is cutting thin material 3x faster then our 5040. cost is a lot less to run as well. but we are cutting 3/4 under powered with a really good finish. I have seen the 3030 fiber with automation it looked good but to much with not enough pay back.

if you have any questions on the 1030 fiber I can get speed for you to compare.......

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I currently have a trumpf 1030 fiber laser and a traumatic 2520 plasma laser, both using Nitrogen as assit gas. Fiber laser is much fast, cheaper to run, and less maintenance that a plasma. I would definitely go with Fiber if possible, both run good, but I prefer Fiber over plasma and nitrogen over the others. depending on what material your cutting. I mostly cut Stainless Steel and Aluminum(bare and white coated aluminum).

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

We are offering high watts Fiber laser marking machine in Singapore. It's an air cooled cooling system, easy and quickly installation, USB contacted with any computer and install software easily Use interfaces types: text, graphics, serial number, serial number, a d bar code, 2 d bar code, successive signet (optional equipment's), etc Suitable for: anodized sculpture, hand tools deep carved, etc.