Purchasing Thunder Laser 130 Watt Timeline and Review - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Purchasing Thunder Laser 130 Watt Timeline and Review

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Purchasing Thunder Laser 130 Watt Timeline and Review

8/18/2015

Tom from Thunder Laser e-mailed me his user settings for RDworks v8. He is the head technician and knows his stuff.
    I asked him for his favorite user settings to look at for a comparison to what I was using. He e-mailed me them within an hour.
    The outcome was very nice. For the most part our settings were similar but he had a better setup for the raster engraving.
    The machine picked up a little speed while still maintaining a beautiful engraving. Thank you Tom.

Gozzie

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Gozzie View Post
    In respect to Thunder Laser I'll have to let you get in touch with them for the pricing of the equipment but I can tell you my costs to get it here.
    $1655.00 but yours could be less. That includes trucking from Houston to my home with a lift gate, broker fees, customs and taxes and a $357.00 inspection that you probably wont have to pay unless you get selected
    by customs like I did. I had to pay the 2nd port fees and unloading , reloading from LA port. I believe it's totally random about who they choose to inspect.

So I would say that $1300.00 would get it to your door.

Contact Thunder Laser for pricing, you wont be disappointed. Nolan was the person I made contact with nolan@thunderlaser.com

Nolan responded very quickly to every email that I sent. I would usually wait until 8:00pm or 9:00pm my time and he would reply the same evening.

I'll have more of a write up later on about the installation and first time run. It was fun and everything worked great just like I hoped it would.

Good luck on your adventure. I highly recommend getting a broker to work with. Just google one at the closest port to where it will be shipped.
    Brokers are very inexpensive and worth their weight in gold. They take all the worry out of the process.

Gozzie
    Hi Gozzie, can you recommend a broker? Or, how to find a broker? I have been talking to Thunder Laser about a Mars 90. I am now trying to assess shipping costs and process. Sounds like a broker is the way to go.

Your review and description of the purchase process is fantastic. Thank you very much! I will do the same if I place the order.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I used ER-Hawthorne based out of Houston. That was the closest port to me in Arkansas. You should look up the closest port to your location
    to get the best trucking charges from the port. I found ER-Hawthorne just by doing a google search for brokers at the port of Houston.
    From what I can tell most brokers operate pretty much the same as far as costs and such go. You will know that you found a good one
    when you ask them about importing from China. They should readily be able to tell you about the process and let you know how really simple for them it is.
    They handle the paperwork and pay all the duty fees and charges, arrange the trucking from the port. Once the truck is scheduled you pay them their fees and the money they laid
    out for the duties and they send the truck. It really is pretty simple and I highly recommend using a broker. They know what they are doing.
    If you use ER-Hawthorne ask for Judy Pearcy. She was my broker and was fantastic.

I'm glad you enjoyed the post.

Gozzie

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

We used the same people for our Thunder laser, highly recommend them.

Trotec Speedy 400 120w, Trotec Speedy 300 80w, Thunder Laser Mars-130 (130w), Signature Rotatory Engraver

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Gozzie and KeithOKC,

Thanks for the recommendations. I contacted Judy Piercy at ER Hawthorne. ER Hawthorne is a broker that can work out of any port in the US, not just out of Houston.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Good deal. She is already familiar with Thunderlaser and their operations.
    It will go nice and smooth for you. She will always instantly reply to any questions you may have.

Gozzie

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Nolan,

I sent you an email with her information.
    Judy is a great lady as well as the Vice President of ER Hawthorne.

Gozzie

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Gozzie, how about your machine?
    can you post some image of it and your cutting project here?
    I want one next month.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Nolan Yang View Post
    Hi Bryngelson,
    if you want to know more about our Thunder Laser.
    you can send me email directly.
    I think Gozzie is busy, he can't reply you on time.
    Nolan is excellent and who I bought my Thunderlaser from. Bryngelson Nolan can help you if you need more details or purchasing information.

Last edited by KeithOKC; 03-24-2016 at 09:35 PM.
    Trotec Speedy 400 120w, Trotec Speedy 300 80w, Thunder Laser Mars-130 (130w), Signature Rotatory Engraver

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Nolan Yang View Post
    Hi Bryngelson,
    if you want to know more about our Thunder Laser.
    you can send me email directly.
    I think Gozzie is busy, he can't reply you on time.
    Thank you for useful information, Nolan.
    excellent services from THUNDERLASER.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123