Metal CO2 Laser ReFill Equipment and Mixture ?!?!?!?

Thread: Metal CO2 Laser ReFill Equipment and Mixture ?!?!?!?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Metal CO2 Laser ReFill Equipment and Mixture ?!?!?!?

Greetings to all. This is my 1st post, so be gentle.

I want to know what it REALLY takes to be able to refill a metal CO2 laser tube.
    The cost of 3-4 refills at $1700 each can't be anywhere close to a few tanks of gas, regulators and fittings.
    I already have a vacuum pump, so that's not an issue.
    I am VERY SERIOUS about learning how to do this. I have paid for 3 refills and need another right now. I'd much rather buy the equipment to do it myself than to pay to have it done again.
    There are also 2 other local people I know that have the same exact tube, and they are in the same boat. I couldn't care less about making a dime off them, I'd do it for free just to spite the company at this point.

I was told over the phone by the co. tech exactly what keeps happening... Supposedly, the helium is such a small molecule that it manages to escape sooner or later, bringing the output down to nothing.
    Supposedly, due to the fact that I need to keep the laser outside in my shop, every time the temperature dips or rises, the O-ring seals can leak.
    I had a tube refilled and used it for 3 days... came back on Monday, and it was dead again!! No warranty, just "Sorry that will be another $1700"
    I've had it !!!!!! I don't mind paying for quality... but I HATE getting screwed because someone knows they CAN screw you.

Well, I took one of my 3 tubes apart today, and the O-ring is only about .005" above the track it sits in.. and the screws that hold the end-caps on... finger tight ????
    Engineered Obsolesce if you ask me !!! Thicker O-ring and tighten down on the screws a little bit more, there's no way it would leak.
    It's almost as if there were relying on the vacuum pressure to hold the end-caps on... the screws are there just so it "looks" secure. Ridiculous !!!!

Well, that's it for my rant.

Anyone that can give me a hand in getting this up and running... I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

Similar Threads:

Activation process
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Metal CO2 Laser ReFill Equipment and Mixture ?!?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by TeslaAudio View Post
    Greetings to all. This is my 1st post, so be gentle.

I want to know what it REALLY takes to be able to refill a metal CO2 laser tube.
    The cost of 3-4 refills at $1700 each can't be anywhere close to a few tanks of gas, regulators and fittings.
    I already have a vacuum pump, so that's not an issue.
    I am VERY SERIOUS about learning how to do this. I have paid for 3 refills and need another right now. I'd much rather buy the equipment to do it myself than to pay to have it done again.
    There are also 2 other local people I know that have the same exact tube, and they are in the same boat. I couldn't care less about making a dime off them, I'd do it for free just to spite the company at this point.

I was told over the phone by the co. tech exactly what keeps happening... Supposedly, the helium is such a small molecule that it manages to escape sooner or later, bringing the output down to nothing.
    Supposedly, due to the fact that I need to keep the laser outside in my shop, every time the temperature dips or rises, the O-ring seals can leak.
    I had a tube refilled and used it for 3 days... came back on Monday, and it was dead again!! No warranty, just "Sorry that will be another $1700"
    I've had it !!!!!! I don't mind paying for quality... but I HATE getting screwed because someone knows they CAN screw you.

Well, I took one of my 3 tubes apart today, and the O-ring is only about .005" above the track it sits in.. and the screws that hold the end-caps on... finger tight ????
    Engineered Obsolesce if you ask me !!! Thicker O-ring and tighten down on the screws a little bit more, there's no way it would leak.
    It's almost as if there were relying on the vacuum pressure to hold the end-caps on... the screws are there just so it "looks" secure. Ridiculous !!!!

Well, that's it for my rant.

Anyone that can give me a hand in getting this up and running... I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.
    Hi
    Did you finally find any information?
    I am curious how the gas filling process looks like.
    Yesterday I bought a laser Coherent Gem Select 100. It is interesting that it has a valve with a gas hose. This is probably fixed by the factory. It looks like it was intended for gas filling.
    I'll try to know something about this valve and maybe I'll be able to help.
    Attached photo.
    Have a nice weekend.
    Radek

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Metal CO2 Laser ReFill Equipment and Mixture ?!?!?!?-valve-jpg