K40 type laser fires on its own after connecting PWM card - please help

Thread: K40 type laser fires on its own after connecting PWM card - please help

Downloads
    Uploads

Default K40 type laser fires on its own after connecting PWM card - please help

So far the experience with this laser is pretty bad... The seller did not include a PWM card (from Moshi) so I could not control the laser power from the software at all. Now I have a card but when I set the power using the buttons the laser is on and if I click the laser test button it will stop the laser but also turn off the display so I can't really set power without having the laser on. What to do? Anyone knows this problem?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: K40 type laser fires on its own after connecting PWM card - please help

The control systems and software on the K40 lasers are junk. Go to California Sacramento CO2 laser engraving cutting machine & Parts. Purchase or rental. Electronics Supplier in Northern California for PID temperature controller,brushless dc water pump,laser controller,laser power supply and get one of Marco's DSP upgrade kits. You might need to upgrade the power supply if it does not have PWM. Go to the forums and get some help to see if your supply is good or not. The Lightobject conversion makes a junky laser into a very good laser. I am very happy with mine.