Need Help! 60w laser need 2 pass at 100% 10mms to cut 2mm acrylic

Thread: 60w laser need 2 pass at 100% 10mms to cut 2mm acrylic

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default 60w laser need 2 pass at 100% 10mms to cut 2mm acrylic

Hi.

I have a 10 months old 60w redsail m500 that i had the same problem since i bought it new . I only cut 2mm acrylic and most of the time cardstock, foam so i didnt bother much. Nowdays im been cutting 4-5mm acrylic and it will take 5-6 passes at 100% power , 10mms speed. I have been adjusting/realign the mirror countless time. im pretty sure i get it pretty close to the center of the mirrors and the cut are straight. but the cutting power remains the same.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 60w laser need 2 pass at 100% 10mms to cut 2mm acrylic

Have you done the slope test for proper focus. I cut 6 mm acrylic at 4 mps with my 60 watt at 85% power using air assist.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi ,my friend .

what is the length of your tube , and how long did you use it ?

if you adjust the light path well , i think the problem is the tube, the power is weak .

please check .

co2 laser machine&parts. tubes,lens,mirrors,DSP control systems ,powers etc .
    Email/Skype:weihonglaser.frank@hotmail.com.WhatsApp:86-18516298692.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by fixtureman1 View Post
    Have you done the slope test for proper focus. I cut 6 mm acrylic at 4 mps with my 60 watt at 85% power using air assist.
    whats a slope test ?

Quote Originally Posted by frank wang View Post
    Hi ,my friend .

what is the length of your tube , and how long did you use it ?

if you adjust the light path well , i think the problem is the tube, the power is weak .

please check .
    around 1200mm . for 8 months . how to check is the power is weak ?

Downloads
    Uploads

You put a piece of acrylic on your bed with one end higher than the other the lower end should be below your normal focal point and the high end above. Draw a line and laser a cut on that line and see where it is the deepest and best cut. That will be your focal point make sure your laser head will clear the high end though.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I cut 5mm acrylic with 50w(not a real only 820mm long) with 2 pass at 90% power.
    Take a look at your mirrors and lens(it may be dirty) it happens to me sometimes...

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

hi all
    I think the problem is after all the mirrors and lens are clean that the airassist is a must. I cut with a old 40W tube ( over 1.700 hours on it) 6mm acryl with one pass at 85% power and 4 to 5mm speed, but only with air assist not the cone version, a version like epilog from the side . without air assist it would take more then 5 runs and the cut would look ugly not usefull.
    greetings
    waltfl

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by fixtureman1 View Post
    You put a piece of acrylic on your bed with one end higher than the other the lower end should be below your normal focal point and the high end above. Draw a line and laser a cut on that line and see where it is the deepest and best cut. That will be your focal point make sure your laser head will clear the high end though.
    err. im sorry . i dont really follow. is there any visual illustration for it anywhere ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mcbride19 View Post
    I cut 5mm acrylic with 50w(not a real only 820mm long) with 2 pass at 90% power.
    Take a look at your mirrors and lens(it may be dirty) it happens to me sometimes...
    its the same when its brand new, and even now with cleaned mirrors . still the same.

Quote Originally Posted by herby08 View Post
    hi all
    I think the problem is after all the mirrors and lens are clean that the airassist is a must. I cut with a old 40W tube ( over 1.700 hours on it) 6mm acryl with one pass at 85% power and 4 to 5mm speed, but only with air assist not the cone version, a version like epilog from the side . without air assist it would take more then 5 runs and the cut would look ugly not usefull.
    greetings
    waltfl
    my machine do has air assist and its on the side.