Need Help! redsail chinese laser shuts down after binding during operation

Thread: redsail chinese laser shuts down after binding during operation

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default redsail chinese laser shuts down after binding during operation

Newby with a x700 redsail ebay laser .I got everything running smoothly after solving a firing problem when the airhose and redlaser light wire gets caught on the frame of the machine binding and stopping progress.It made a unpleasant noise and shut down. I tried restarting the laser but the control panel will not light up again seems to have no power. the blower and air compressor still work connected to the back of the machine.I'm looking for a fuse or something i can replace and get it running but worry I fried the main control board. Can anyone help or have advice , Thanks

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: redsail chinese laser shuts down after binding during operation

I'm afraid i can't help you, however i wondered if you could tell me what software you're using?
    I have a redsail m500 and can't get it to work with the software i was given with it; usb driver doesn't work either.
    sorry i can't help, i'm totally clueless.
    Calida

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Calida View Post
    I'm afraid i can't help you, however i wondered if you could tell me what software you're using?
    I have a redsail m500 and can't get it to work with the software i was given with it; usb driver doesn't work either.
    sorry i can't help, i'm totally clueless.
    Calida
    I'm using lasermate 5.2.05. I had the same problem with my usb the not working. or connecting to my computer.the driver should be on the disk with the software. I was installing it wrong. I went into the PC add new hardware and finally got it to work, after that your software should work

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

soon
    Quote Originally Posted by murfsrf View Post
    I'm using lasermate 5.2.05. I had the same problem with my usb the not working. or connecting to my computer.the driver should be on the disk with the software. I was installing it wrong. I went into the PC add new hardware and finally got it to work, after that your software should work
    I found my problem. The laser was firing but when the arms were jarred and binding it knocked the mirrors out of alignment. laser was not even hitting the lens. Big relief. I made some other rookie mistakes i'll not talk about now. I'm sure i'll be here again with something new soon.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by murfsrf View Post
    soon

I found my problem. The laser was firing but when the arms were jarred and binding it knocked the mirrors out of alignment. laser was not even hitting the lens. Big relief. I made some other rookie mistakes i'll not talk about now. I'm sure i'll be here again with something new soon.
    Would those mistakes include burn marks on your arms? :=)

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi murf..... Was the driver a distinct file or part of the instalation? The software I've been sent doesn't have a distinct driver file but does say install usb, however it still doesn't load. I've tried going down the install hardware option but the computer doesn't recognise a driver to install. What's your driver file called? Is it in c/system 32/drivers?

Downloads
    Uploads

Did you get my email? Thanks x

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Calida View Post
    Hi murf..... Was the driver a distinct file or part of the instalation? The software I've been sent doesn't have a distinct driver file but does say install usb, however it still doesn't load. I've tried going down the install hardware option but the computer doesn't recognise a driver to install. What's your driver file called? Is it in c/system 32/drivers?
    Sorry i cant be help you more with this problem. I used recommended xp /32 computer then connected PC to laser with a search for new hardware a window opened a driver number and question mark next to it. I did the option to search the internet for the driver. I ended up down loading a driver then add new hardware and somehow got it right. Wish I could tell the exact driver that was used and if i can find in my downloads i will re-post.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks all good info

Downloads
    Uploads

Finally got it talking.....now to master the settings and how to work the software. Using LaserCutEngrave 3. Anyone familiar???