A New Build

Thread: A New Build

Downloads
    Uploads

Default A New Build

I need a little help. I keep looking at the GT2 belts and pulleys and keep thinking the teeth are very small not much grip, the teeth are only 0.762 mm tall and 6 mm wide the other belt I'm looking at is the XL which has a taller tooth of 1.3 mm 10 mm wide but the pulleys have a flange about 36mm diameter the GT2 pulley have a flange about 16mm diameter, so what would you use if you where building a laser today? Or even tell me about another type belt and where to get it?
    Next is the stepper motors, I would like to use Nema 23 what size can I use 1.8 deg steps, or do you need 0.9 deg steps? I want to use this for engrave photos so will be using a AWC608c or AWC708c but I still have to look to see what the difference is.
    Mike.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: A New Build

Just step up to gt3 then
    PowerGrip

Downloads
    Uploads

I know about Gt3 but cannot find anybody that has them in stock. lots of people list them but when you ask, there not in stock. here in the UK. most common is Gt2 or XL. I did find some HTD but he had no 20 tooth pulleys only 30, This is why I have posted here asking for advice. Only looking for UK supplier.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

can't remember the url

reliance motion control products in dorset/

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hey Bush Flyer. Those Alaska 31" hangin under the PA18?

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Elaser I will contact them today to see what they have.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Nolan Yang,
    Ebay and aliexpress are the first place I looked, I have my Linear tracks coming from aliexpress but for GT3 pulleys when you look there they only list GT2. But thanks for trying, It looks like I have to do a lot more reading before ordering belts and pulleys and how many teeth that I should have on the pulleys.

Any experts want to jump in but please don't get too technical.

Buddydog The Avatar is a STOL Maule the Avatar is was from my other hobby building RC large scale gliders and Bush planes.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Bush Flyer View Post
    Hi Nolan Yang,
    Ebay and aliexpress are the first place I looked, I have my Linear tracks coming from aliexpress but for GT3 pulleys when you look there they only list GT2. But thanks for trying, It looks like I have to do a lot more reading before ordering belts and pulleys and how many teeth that I should have on the pulleys.

Any experts want to jump in but please don't get too technical.

Buddydog The Avatar is a STOL Maule the Avatar is was from my other hobby building RC large scale gliders and Bush planes.
    Ahh. My eyes are not what they used to be. I saw the rounded tail feathers and took A WAGuess. I'm building a full sized 18 clone.I still think those are ABW 31's :-)

Downloads
    Uploads

[QUOTE=Nolan Yang;1626796]yes, most of shop only sell GT2, maybe you can try to find theGT3 in your local area. by the way, which city are you located in?

I live in the North of Scotland, everything I buy has to be sent by post, nearest place that I could buy parts like this belt is over the counter is about 170 miles away and to buy things like a laser tube or power supply is over 500 miles away, post is my only option and the parts are not so expensive.

Downloads
    Uploads

Wink Re: A New Build

I have decided to get some Gt2 belts and 20 tooth pulleys, There easy to get and don't cost much. It seems a lot of people use them along with the MXL belts.