Need Help! Laser DOA or simple fix

Thread: Laser DOA or simple fix

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Laser DOA or simple fix

Hello everyone,
    I am new to this site, but I believe this is the correct area to post. Recently I ordered a 100W (but they sent me 90W tubes) CM1290 from redsail in China. It took some contemplation (due to lack of a real manual) to get the system set up but I believe I have it set up correctly. The problem I am facing right now is that none of the motors will run and the laser will not fire. I have traced the power from the wall outlet all the way back to the laser PSU so I know that is getting power. None of the LEDs on the Laser PSU are even illuminated. Coupled with this none of the motor drivers seem to be getting any power. I have already checked the internal fuse in the laser PSU, so that is not the issue. The continuity on the lines I have checked are fine, but I have not mapped the system. I have tried running some shapes and on the display in front it registers the head as moving... but the head stays stationary. I am at a loss right now.

I have tried talking to the company but that has just created a headache. Their internet connection is spotty at best and creates a long delay in response when you are trying to communicate in real time. So far they are only concerned with the front panel LCD even though I have told them that was not an issue. So far my situation has not progressed since it has arrived.

I would appreciate any help if anyone has any ideas (a circuit diagram [English] would be great)

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Laser DOA or simple fix

it turns out neither the motor PSU nor the Laser PSU are putting out any voltage

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I guess this has turned into a cautionary tale. After tracing my line and finding the PSUs being the problem I have contacted Redsail. I am now on the second day of trying to explain what is wrong. They are continuing to say it is the Emergency stop, even though I have told them I tested it last week and it works fine. They are even going to the trouble of sending me a video of testing the emergency stop (I guess they think I am too dumb to test a switch). So far I have sent them photos of the power flowing around the machine and where it stops at the PSUs but they will not look at the photos. They continue to insist it is the E-stop when they know nothing about the machine I have. This is getting very frustrating and I assume this is their way of not honoring their warranty.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

After 3 weeks redsail finally gave me the name of someone to talk to in the US. After 10 min the person agreed with me that both of the PSUs are bad. Basically if you buy from redsail expect to get jerked around if something is wrong. Apparently they have alot of customers who are not technically savvy. The only possible issue that can explain any of the problems I am having other than the PSUs are if china runs off of a single phase 240 as opposed to the split phase 240 traditionally found in the US. If that is the case they sent me the wrong transformer (I assume they order these transformers in bulk and would know better than this).

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yeah, I have had the same problem with the machines (3) I bought in China. You have to find the right person to talk to or you keep getting stupid questions and recommendations. The machines I bought came with a converter 110V - 240V, actually it was just a step up transformer. I have since taken them out and connected directly to a 240V breaker. Works fine.

I don't mind buying from China at all. As long as you have some electrical/electronics knowhow and a lot of mechanical experience, you can't beat the price. You have to realize that the machines you get from China are put together by someone who has never used a stick welder before. Mechanically, they are a piece of junk but Electronically, they all use pretty much the same items. As long as the laser works, it works. I have had to do a lot of fine tuning when it came to the mechanical parts of the machine. Adjusting things, tightening parts, and most important was to make sure it was completely level. I ended up removing the legs off of the machine and mounting it directly on top of an old wooden desk. It was the only way that I could make the Z axis to move the table up and down.

To buy a machine here it would cost you 35-60K. I can buy a lot of Chinese 5-8K machines for that. It's worth the start-up problems.