Need Help! New laser cutter - Not cutting straight

Thread: New laser cutter - Not cutting straight

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default New laser cutter - Not cutting straight

Hi, i'm completely new to the forum/ laser cutting thing so i'm sorry if i actually know very little. We recently got a LC1390 with a 150W tube, and after aligning the mirrors, and all the stuff you are supposed to do (also the platform was unleveled, we worked that out). So, everything seems to be in order but we have been cutting just circles and squares, and all of them come with imperfections on the edges. Basicaly all of them are not 100% straight, with no apparent pattern. The pictures can show that. This is 15mm MDF.
    New laser cutter - Not cutting straight-photo-1-jpgNew laser cutter - Not cutting straight-photo-2-jpgNew laser cutter - Not cutting straight-photo-3-jpgNew laser cutter - Not cutting straight-photo-4-jpg

What should i do / check for?

Thank you all in advance

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by rjavier; 08-26-2014 at 08:47 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: New laser cutter - Not cutting straight

Hi Rjavier,
    is your machine leetro system or RDCAM system?

Quote Originally Posted by rjavier View Post
    Hi, i'm completely new to the forum/ laser cutting thing so i'm sorry if i actually know very little. We recently got a LC1390 with a 150W tube, and after aligning the mirrors, and all the stuff you are supposed to do (also the platform was unleveled, we worked that out). So, everything seems to be in order but we have been cutting just circles and squares, and all of them come with imperfections on the edges. Basicaly all of them are not 100% straight, with no apparent pattern. The pictures can show that. This is 15mm MDF.
    New laser cutter - Not cutting straight-photo-1-jpgNew laser cutter - Not cutting straight-photo-2-jpgNew laser cutter - Not cutting straight-photo-3-jpgNew laser cutter - Not cutting straight-photo-4-jpg

Thank you all in advance

Lucy Lee G.WEIKE LASER
    han@wklaser.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by gweikelaser View Post
    Hi Rjavier,
    is your machine leetro system or RDCAM system?
    Leetro i think, it uses lasercut 5.3.

Company Representative
    Downloads
    Uploads

Beam alignment problem

G.Weike Laser
    melody@vip.163.com li@wklaser.com skype:melody.gweike

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by rjavier View Post

Thank you all in advance
    here's a trouble shooting lesson may help you:
    Why engraving edge out-of-straight
    good luck.

www.thunderlaser.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the link and indications. I've read them and done what i can so far.

So, after realigning and checking things, the problem is still there. I made this diagram to explain a little better why i do not think is the beam alignment. New laser cutter - Not cutting straight-unevencuts-jpg

Basically, doesn't matter where on the table i cut this square, the left side of it it's always uneven. And all of the others sides look very straight.

Thanks again!

the problem happen in your last step in beam alignment
    laser pass through third reflect and focus
    belowing is video link on our website to teach you how to adjust the laser path
    http://www.wklaser.com/vid_59.aspx

tina from g.weike laser
    EMAIL: tina@wklaser.com SKYPE: lysunshine521