Used Hurricane Laser "Ivan" worth the risk?

Thread: Used Hurricane Laser "Ivan" worth the risk?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Used Hurricane Laser "Ivan" worth the risk?

Hello All,

I am in need of a laser cutter and have found a used Hurricane Laser "ivan" tht looks essentially new. It also comes with a chiller. Downside is it was acquired durring a warehouse foreclosure, so its just the laser and the chiller so no software or drivers. They are asking 2K which is super tempting. I know my way around linear motion components so am sure I could repair any mechanical issues that arrise since there will likely be no support with the closure of the company. My question is, If I buy it, what are my options software wise to interface with it. Also if there are any "Ivan" owners on here can they send me some tip on possible powering it up and maybe running a home routine and a test fire? Is there a way to access the DSP and read how man hours are on the tube?

Any help would be appreciated.

Marc

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default G.Weike was the actual manufacture for many of the Hurricane Lasers.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearhawk LSA View Post
    Hello All,

I am in need of a laser cutter and have found a used Hurricane Laser "ivan" tht looks essentially new. It also comes with a chiller. Downside is it was acquired durring a warehouse foreclosure, so its just the laser and the chiller so no software or drivers. They are asking 2K which is super tempting. I know my way around linear motion components so am sure I could repair any mechanical issues that arrise since there will likely be no support with the closure of the company. My question is, If I buy it, what are my options software wise to interface with it. Also if there are any "Ivan" owners on here can they send me some tip on possible powering it up and maybe running a home routine and a test fire? Is there a way to access the DSP and read how man hours are on the tube?

Any help would be appreciated.

Marc
    Marc,

G.Weike was the actual manufacture for many of the Hurricane Lasers, hopefully they will provide access in order to download the software, manuals etc...

http://www.wklaser.com/pro_191.aspx

See attached pdf for a manual that may get you started.

Jeff...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Used Hurricane Laser "Ivan" worth the risk?-usb_6090_machine_manual_opt-pdf  
    Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Used Hurricane Laser "Ivan" worth the risk?

Quote Originally Posted by Bearhawk LSA View Post
    Is there a way to access the DSP and read how man hours are on the tube?

Marc
    Hi Marc
    Usually there's a Label with "ex-factory date" on tube,
    then you can judge how long did the tube last?

or you can buy/rent a power meter to test the tube's really out put power,
    then you can judge if it is able to finish your job.

by the way, is the "Ivan" laser in USA?
    if yes, then you can save much money indeed,

hope you can choose a best machine
    to fit your jobs.

www.thunderlaser.com