Chinese Laser Reccomendations

Thread: Chinese Laser Reccomendations

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Chinese Laser Reccomendations

While I know that there are a ton of posts on this on the forum (and I have read most of them) there aren't a lot that are current (many are '11 or '12) so I wanted to reach out to the community and get opinions on what "brands" are best right now. The ones I am favoring based on what I have reviewed are:
    +Shenhui
    +RedSail
    +Thunder Laser
    I ultimately plan on buying an 80-100W 600x900mm laser, but to test out the vendor I am going to buy a cheaper desktop laser (I would rather throw away $600 to find out that a vendor is crummy than throw away $4k to find out the same thing). Right now I am favoring Shenhui for price and completeness of product line, but would love your thoughts on these.

Just so you have a sense of what my skill level is - I have quite a bit of experience with an epilog as a user (only a little maintenence) but I am pretty good with CNC, I have build a small CNC and have built 2 reprap printers.

Thank you all!

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Chinese Laser Reccomendations

Don't waste your money or time on a $600 desktop laser with Moshi Draw. You will hate yourself in the morning. Get a DSP controlled laser, something that will do the work for you running LaserCut. Plan on about $2000-$3000. Ebay is the worst place to purchase, China vender and no support. GWeike is a good brand, purchased mine from Automation Technology in Chicago but they can be had elsewhere.
    Another good brand >favoring Shenhui for price

Downloads
    Uploads

Usually Chinese lase rwith around USD1500-2000 for a desk top model ,with DSP system, if with too low price, the quality not good,

Quote Originally Posted by Atomc View Post
    While I know that there are a ton of posts on this on the forum (and I have read most of them) there aren't a lot that are current (many are '11 or '12) so I wanted to reach out to the community and get opinions on what "brands" are best right now. The ones I am favoring based on what I have reviewed are:
    +Shenhui
    +RedSail
    +Thunder Laser
    I ultimately plan on buying an 80-100W 600x900mm laser, but to test out the vendor I am going to buy a cheaper desktop laser (I would rather throw away $600 to find out that a vendor is crummy than throw away $4k to find out the same thing). Right now I am favoring Shenhui for price and completeness of product line, but would love your thoughts on these.

Just so you have a sense of what my skill level is - I have quite a bit of experience with an epilog as a user (only a little maintenence) but I am pretty good with CNC, I have build a small CNC and have built 2 reprap printers.

Thank you all!

Lucy Lee G.WEIKE LASER
    han@wklaser.com

Downloads
    Uploads

please think again and again before make such a decision,

www.thunderlaser.com

I found it all depends on what material you are laser etching. I haven't had much luck with metal marking on the redsail x700, even with thermark products. Other then marking metal the machine is very well built, and I'm very impressed with what it can do with different materials. I'm new to working with lasers too, but have been researching my options. I have also sent emails to redsail and never get any answer back, I think the techs only skype. Amy is right be careful on what you buy research the different type of lasers too. Redsail came with a 60w co2 which I might try to figure a way to convert with fiber laser.