I have a 9060 laserworld (chinese) 100W machine with a new 120W power supply. I installed the new PS yesterday and the laser would not fire continuously when tested. only in short pulses when I hit the "test" button. To be clear, it would still only pulse when I hit it and held it down where it normally will give a continuous fire for the duration of time i have the test button engaged. also, this repeated itself when i ran a cutting program that i had previously run successfully. whenever a new cut was initiated there was a pulse but no continuous fire to finish each cut.

today i looked over everything again and tried to take a video of what was happening. while doing this the laser stopped firing entirely and there was an electrical "clicking" noise when i hit the test button. the odd thing is that the LED lights that illuminate the inside of the machine were randomly and one by one getting, apparently, burned out when i would hit test and hear this electrical clicking. so, when the machine is supposed to be generating a laser it instead is blowing out/damaging (one by one) LED illumination lights. the fan on the power supply still works and when i look at the power supply the yellow light is on. none others.

just now i "reconnected" the ground and power to the tube. again there is pulsing and the pulsing bursts vary in length from nothing to maybe half a second long. the color in the tube when pulsing is purplish. the tube has less than 40 hours on it.

anyone have any idea what could be going on?