Laser HV powersupply 60W tweaking?

Thread: Laser HV powersupply 60W tweaking?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Laser HV powersupply 60W tweaking?

Hi all!
    I have a 60W laserpowersupply as shown in the attached picture.
    On the right side you can see 4 blue multiturn potentiometers and a pushbutton on the mainboard (right-upper corner).
    What is the function of each of these potentiometers? Does anyone has a electronic drawing of this supply?
    Why do i want to know? Well, i thought of using a 40W tube instead.. I use my machine mainly for engraving and these 40W tubes are much cheaper to use when you have to replace them almost once a year.
    I think i can adjust the maximum voltage and current with one of these trimmers so this 60W supply will work very fina and stable with a 40W tube.
    And when i get back to a 60W tube, i can readjust the supply again.

Who knows the the function of each of these potentiometers and who knows where i can find the schematic drawing of this supply?

Thanks.
    Kees

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Laser HV powersupply 60W tweaking?-laserhvsupply60w-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Laser HV powersupply 60W tweaking?

You better buy 40W Power Supply. It is not so expensive.

CNC lasers, constructions, service

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Laser HV powersupply 60W tweaking?

My idea is that a bigger supply will give a better stability. I, sometimes, see things in the result that can be caused by a lack of drive/power imho.. A bigger supply is better in most situations: if you need 300W and your supply is just 300W too, it can be critical. If your supply is 500W it has some reserve and noise/clutter in the supplied power is a lot less. Ofcourse the voltage needs to be correct and if there is a way to adjust the supply i don't see why i should not use a bigger supply instead.. maybe i will improve my results aswell..

Kees