Need Help! Calibrating X and Y axis on 4060 China laser engraving/cutting machine.

Thread: Calibrating X and Y axis on 4060 China laser engraving/cutting machine.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Red face Calibrating X and Y axis on 4060 China laser engraving/cutting machine.

Does anybody know how to calibrate x and y axis as my x and y axis abit off. The physical measurement of the x axis is 300mm but it gives me 298.5mm.
    I have tried everything which include changing the motherboard to other specs, tightening of x axis belt, reinstalling of coreldraw software but it is still the same.

My laser cutter is currently using Ketai Gold 2014 board. Is there anyway i can change the firmware on the motherboard to modify the stepper setting?

Please kindly advice? Thank you in advance.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Calibrating X and Y axis on 4060 China laser engraving/cutting machine.

What software are you using. see if there is a setting in the software to change the steps then upload that to the laser.

Default Re: Calibrating X and Y axis on 4060 China laser engraving/cutting machine.

We are use PHCAD software . supported CORELDRAW,auto CAD . there is a setting in the software to change the steps then upload that to the laser,then engraving or cutting ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laser cutting engraving Machine manufactuer 6040,5030,1390 9060

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Sorry for the late reply. I am using Winxp 2013 on Corel Laser. Please advice.

thunderlaser

HI Doken
    Obviously, this problem should be caused by the x-axis or y-axis of the pulse is not accurate.
    I think that you will need to adjust the pulses again.
    How to adjust the pulses and please according to the following ways to do that:
    1 Cut a squsre 100x100mm on the machine, this square of the 100x100mm's values that you just input it to size of the software.
    Then use a ruler measurement the length and width of the square.
    2 You will find that you input in software is 100mm, but the size of cut is not 100mm
    That is means that the pulse is not correct, need to modify the x and y axis pulse.
    3 You can refer to the attached picture indicated that input 100mm in "Graphic" option and the actual measuring values like 80 or other.
    Then press ok, and the pulse will be changed automatically.
    Then repeat for 2 to 3 times, until the actual measurement of length is really 100mm.
    4 The x-axis and y-axis will needs to respective test and input for above ways
    5 Please input the correct working area in the software as the attached picture indicated.
    6 Reset the laser, you will find to the laser can touch with the x and y limit switches and moved to the whole working area.
    Please refer to the attached picture indicated that how to set x and y axis pulse.

Calibrating X and Y axis on 4060 China laser engraving/cutting machine.-1-1-pngCalibrating X and Y axis on 4060 China laser engraving/cutting machine.-1-2-jpgCalibrating X and Y axis on 4060 China laser engraving/cutting machine.-1-4-jpgCalibrating X and Y axis on 4060 China laser engraving/cutting machine.-1-4-jpg

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately i do not have pulse/stepper settings under my software. Do you know of any firmware or G-code so that i can flash to my motherboard.

Calibrating X and Y axis on 4060 China laser engraving/cutting machine.-ktgold2-jpgCalibrating X and Y axis on 4060 China laser engraving/cutting machine.-system-configuration1-pngCalibrating X and Y axis on 4060 China laser engraving/cutting machine.-system-configuration-png

Downloads
    Uploads

Thunderlaser, thank you so much for this info! It helped me solve my X axis drift.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Doken,

I had a similar issue and e-mailed everyone as well as tried several adjustments in LaserDRW, WinSeal and Corel and none of them worked. In the end I ended up uninstalling LaserDRW and WinSeal and then reinstalled the software, this ended up resetting and zeroing the engraver and getting it back to how I needed it. I will post some before and after pictures a bit later. I wanted to be sure to reply as this thread comes up when searching how to fix X Axis issues with these Chinese Laser Engravers. I understand they have some faults in that the workmanship can be a little shoddy but with some minor repairs and adjustments I feel that you get a great product at an unbeatable price. I have one engraver but plan on buying a 2nd one soon.

Last edited by r3ll1k; 06-26-2015 at 05:07 PM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks,
    thanks Thunderlaser, that was exactly what I needed.
    Laser works great again after 10 minutes of work.

For Laserworks software go to: File-> Vendor Settings -> password rd8888

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi all. Hopefully you can help me. Im pretty desperate at this point lol.

Right. I have a chinese 600x400 laser cutter with 100w co2 tube and lihuiyu studio labs 6C6879-LASER-B1 controller. All was fine with it untill the fire!! My acrylic went into flames probably because i was cutting too slow on too high a power.. it wasnt a big fire but it caused some dammage. It took out the belt , the laser dot diode , air tube and carriage wheels.. ive replaced all these parts and meticulously cleaned and reassembled everything.. ive set the belt tension and re alligned the beam.. now its cutting like a champ and you would hardly know anything had ever happened apart from some slight staining on the white paint at the back of the laser housing. I think i did a good job.. except .. im trying to laser something that is 456mm along the x axis. The y axis is fine.. but the axis is only coming out at 446mm. Now with 3d printing this is the part where i would modify the steps per mm and bobs your uncle! This damn thing doesnt have any of those setting.. ive looked everywherw in laser drw, and corel laser. Ive searched all sorts of different websites in different languages using translate and come up with nothing.. does anybody have a clue why the laser isnt cutting accurate... ive had the belt at various tensions from loose and slipping to over tight and i get thw same problem (except when it slips lol). I just cant figure it out.. and obviously it was working befor the fire.. like i said the fire wasnt that big and theres no electronics dammage. The belt is identacle now to the previous one in terms of pitch etc..and the carriage is as good as new and everything moves like it did before... to be honest its even cutting straighter since the allignement. Im out of ideas and any help will be appreciated. Thanks and sorry for the long read ;-)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Guys,

I tried thunderlaser's approach to calibrate but whenever I cut the 100mx100m the laser head goes beyond and hits the edge of the cutting area.

Anyone knows how to calibrate both axis?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Friend

Did you find the solution for the problem ? I am having same problem with the same machine and motherboard.
    If I engrave or cut for 20cm and the output is always 21cm on X-Axis. I don't know how to solve this problem.

If you have any solution kindly share with me.

With best regard.

A. Muqtadir

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello everyone, I'm having the same problem with my K40. Did you find a way to fix this...? I've been searching everywhere for weeks and can't find a solution.
    Thank you in advance...

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Die-Man View Post
    Hello everyone, I'm having the same problem with my K40. Did you find a way to fix this...? I've been searching everywhere for weeks and can't find a solution.
    Thank you in advance...
    Hi Friend

Still it is not fixed. I am waiting any gentleman can help me.

Thanks.

Last edited by muqtadir; 07-12-2017 at 02:33 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello everyone, I can finally say that I fixed this problem. After months of trying everything I could find anywhere on the net, I found a thread saying that the pitch for this lasercutters x axis belt is 2.03 or 2.30, and the one that I bought was a GT2 with 2.0 pitch (witch is actually for 3D printers). So I changed it to the correct one and no more problems. My K40 is cutting perfectly now.
    I hope this helps someone whith the same problem and saves him lots and lots of hours of investigation and frustration...

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello, I changed the LIHUYIYU M2 drivers in the 40x60 plotter.
    After turning on the plotter, the guides will move a bit and unwillingly return to the zero position, i.e. to the limit switches.
    Please help