Need Help! Full Spectrum Laser --out of business

Thread: Full Spectrum Laser --out of business

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Full Spectrum Laser --out of business

I have been using the FS laser gen 5 hobby laser for 2 months. It stopped firing the laser, so I called their support phone number. All numbers have been disconnected--email does not respond. So I checked with the City of Las Vegas and their records show they are out of business. Just wondering how many others have had problems with this company. My $4000 laser is useless, since they provided no schematics or info about parts. Can I use a standard 40W laser tube?? thanks john

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Full Spectrum Laser --out of business

This is my post sent half a year ago:
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/genera...ml#post1377304

CNC lasers, constructions, service

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by jrowe View Post
    I have been using the FS laser gen 5 hobby laser for 2 months. It stopped firing the laser, so I called their support phone number. All numbers have been disconnected--email does not respond. So I checked with the City of Las Vegas and their records show they are out of business. Just wondering how many others have had problems with this company. My $4000 laser is useless, since they provided no schematics or info about parts. Can I use a standard 40W laser tube?? thanks john
    John, from what I understand the length of the tube determines its power capability, so if you get a tube of the same length it should work. But first make sure that your high-voltage power supply output and control wiring is okay. It is also chance that the controller is not sending the proper control voltage to the high-voltage power supply.
    Basically all the Chinese laser/cutters are very similar. For a sample diagram Google - images: "circuits of laser cutting Chinese K 40"

Good Luck!
    Rolf

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Rolf for the info. I found out the company moved operations to another county in Nevada. They are however very slow to respond. If all else fails, I will try another tube. The system is only 2 months old so it should be unlikely that I need another tube.

Downloads
    Uploads

Be aware, when disconecting Laser Power Supply . HV seriously bites. Let machine off for at least 15 minutes before you start working. Or just shorten red (anode) cable to the ground using screwdriver.

Downloads
    Uploads

to Jrow
    My tube went in less then 100 hrs and Full Spectrum told me to bad, then my power supply went , they wouldn't even talk to me. The best thing for you to do to save your self a bunch of time and money, is make sure its the tube then get one from some place else. or if its the power supply you can get them other places also.Any local electronics shop can test it for you, and make necessary repairs. Full Spectrum will just take your money give give you grief.
    You can get tubes and power supplies for half what FSL will charge you, and you'll get better stuff. Seriously stay away from FSL their liars and thieves.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for all your help.
    I have discovered the city records for Full Spectrum Laser, state "out of business". They are NOT out of business, they have moved out of the city. Finally got tech support and we narrowed the problem down to the water sensor which measures flow and pressure. Tube will not fire without proper regulated water supply. I had added a length of hose because I had to move the machine. Apparently the length of the hose is also critical. Return to a shorter hose solved the problem.

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads

Default FS Laser review

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbird48 View Post
    to Jrow
    My laser tube went out in less then 100 hrs and Full Spectrum told me too bad. Then my power supply went. They wouldn't even talk to me.

The best thing for you to do - to save your self a bunch of time and money, is to make sure to get the tube from some place else. If its the power supply you can get it from other sources. also, any local electronics shop can test it for you, and make necessary repairs. Full Spectrum will just take your money then give you grief.
    The reality is that most buyers seriously under value support. My experience with buying a laser is that its critical. Even more so with bigger name companies who have exclusive/proprietary components on their machines. If one breaks they better be around so you can buy it.

Too bad about your experience with FS. Not surprising - although they should come around if you persist. I've reviewed the company and they got their hands in a lot of things besides laser machines. But they do have cheap or low priced models.