Need Help! LinuxCNC 2.x Laser component problem

Thread: LinuxCNC 2.x Laser component problem

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default LinuxCNC 2.x Laser component problem

Hello all!

I am making a small laser cutter/engraver CNC with a diode laser.
    I have set my system with linuxCNC and the M3/M4 work with the laser driver nicely. I am glad that those guys from buildlog made that great piece of software!

The problem is that the magic Z function won't turn on the laser. The "Test fire laser" button near the magic Z trigger will raise a "Unable to open <146> file" flag. I know that there is a 146.ngc file with a gCode subroutine but I can't figure out how to fix this issue.
    Is there something I am doing wrong?

I have set my HAL and INI file with my LPT pins and everything else works ("new build" thread coming when the laser diode arrives...)

Thanks for your time!

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

I get the same error when I press the button, I believe it's due to not having the file in the right place. Needs to be in the NC files directory I think.

My laser works fine with M3/M4. I haven't bothered moving the 146 file because I have a physical test fire button

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: LinuxCNC 2.x Laser component problem

John
    I am using the linuxcnc 2.7.3 and running a laser, have you updated and/or have your laser running.
    If so would you be good enough to forward me the .hal .xml etc etc files for the setup, there is not a lot out there for laser
    thanks Doug

- - - Updated - - -

Pippin88
    I am using the linuxcnc 2.7.3 and running a laser, have you updated and/or have your laser running.
    If so would you be good enough to forward me the .hal .xml etc etc files for the setup, there is not a lot out there for laser
    thanks Doug