Redsail 3040A laser engraving machine. - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Redsail 3040A laser engraving machine.

Downloads
    Uploads

chensl
    Thank you for the offer of translating for hkxy. I believe he has a lot of information that would be very helpful but as you know it is difficult to understand the translation. It is good to have you here. Thanks.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello Stanley,
    Welcome aboard. We have been having great difficulty in trying to understand hkxy. We think he is using a free language translator which is not very good.
    Maybe you could introduce yourself to him and explain to him in chinese your proposal. It would be appreciated if you could add an english version of anything you post.
    Thanks.
    Paul

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi, txcowdog and Paul,

Thank you for your kind comment, It is my pleasure if I can do any thing to help even just a little bit. I admire you guys are so willing to share what you have without conservation, that is not happening in our old culture. ( I don't agree with it) many of you came together with a good idea when others has some problems that is how I like you all. ( I was hopping you can do the same to help me in the future)

Throw me a line if you guys want to ask hkxyany question may be I can convey it to him in chinese or vice versa.

my email address: stchen99@gmail.com

Stanley

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello hkxy
    let me know what type of machine you have that matches or is equivilent to the redsail 5070a.

I am looking for 500mmx700mm laser for engraving 60w sealed CO2.
    Do you have any suggestion ? How bout YH-G6050 from "Beijng Yihe Laser Technology Co.,Ltd" ?

muqtadirkhan@yahoo.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Laser Engraver Manufacturer

welcome to consider our machine, we are the company specializing in manufacture and export laser engraver/cutting machine. Not only the price , but also the quality and after servie is better than the one you mentioned.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Redsail 3040A laser engraving machine.-wk40-jpg   Redsail 3040A laser engraving machine.-wk3040-jpg   Redsail 3040A laser engraving machine.-lg900-jpg   Redsail 3040A laser engraving machine.-lg500-jpg  

Redsail 3040A laser engraving machine.-lc1280-jpg  
    Last edited by wklaser; 10-08-2006 at 01:31 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

wklaser, please post in this thread also in case some people dont see it here.

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showth...=14100&page=30

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

T/T is telegraph transfer mean wire transfer, thats how chinese put wire transfer.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello, these machines have support for dxf file but must be imported into laser cut software, i would recomend the M500 for cutting,

please feel free to contact me if you have any question,

im the distributor for Redsail Products in Mexico, provide direct tech support and warranty services,

mexico.redsail@hotmail.com
    www.laserymas.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I can't answer many of your questions about the machine itself, but I can tell you my shipping experience and assure you that the purchase arrangements I made worked out quite well. I purchased the HX3040 through Rabbit Laser which is the same as Redsail and WKLaser (I am pretty sure). Purchase went very smoothly and I was able to charge it to my credit card via PayPal for a small extra fee which I felt was worth it for the peace of mind. My credit card company said they would back me up for a charge back if anything was wrong that I couldn't deal with.

I live in Hilo, HI and that created a small shipping problem in that the only port it could be shipped to was Honolulu. Getting it forwarded to Hilo was my biggest headache, but I finally decided to fly to Honolulu myself and have just returned. It was not as difficult as I anticipated getting it through customs (hoped for the best, prepared for the worst!) and it is now scheduled to ship out tonight for arrival at Hilo Port on Friday.

Once I receive the machine I shall continue to share experiences since I have had so much excellent support myself from this forum I hope what I find will be helpful to others as well.

I will post the customs "journey" separately as a followup to other posts. Good luck. Everything is pointing to success!

Jacqui, Goddess of Chaos, GSOLFOT

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Jacqui,
    We (ctrlasers.co.uk) distribute Redsail in the UK.
    Having visited China and the redsail factory last year and again this year, I can assure you that the Redsail RS3040A machines are not identical to others with the 3040 number.
    Chinese companies copy Chinese companies. At least one of the other 'manufacturers' was set up by an ex-employee of Redsail, and appear to have copied the RS3040A some time ago.
    Redsail continue to move on, designing new and better machines. I agree with a posting by mexico.redsail, that the M500 is far superior to the 3040, although a little more expensive.
    However, we hope the HX3040 which you have bought will fill your requirements, but please remember when seeking support that any supplier should stand by their machines.
    We, and mexico.redsail, can supply advice, but the machines are not necessarily identical. Therefore we can not assume your machine will respond in an identical way. That said, if you are stuck, give either of us a try. We may be able to help.
    Best regards. Neil (for CTRfuture Ltd)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default RedSailusa

Hello Neil
    I have also found similar situations. The Chinese copy each other.
    We will be supporting Redsail machines in USA .We will carry parts and supply support for our sales. This is the most important point when buying any peice of equipment. We sell other Chinese products made by Redsail and I have to tell you they offer extremely good value!
    Best Regards
    Gary

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you for your input re the differences in the Chinese machines. I finally received my machine and worked on setting it up yesterday but although the other mechanical aspects seem to work okay, the laser is not firing. Frank, the US support person has been trying to get technical help from China (I assume) and with the time differences I will just have to wait to hear back from him. All electrical connections seem secure and the tube is intact, water flows properly through it. I am hoping this problem will be resolved but I will continue to post whatever experiences I have - good and bad. Sorry I misspoke about the similarities between the machines.

Jacqui, Goddess of Chaos, GSOLFOT

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

make sure ALL the wires in the back of the machine are plugged in snugly - have seen this more than once.

A4dable Woodworking Lasers
    http://www.a4dableww.com phone:541-977-4171

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I just posted in a different thread that I was able to get the machine to engrave and in the end it was operator error rather than anything wrong with the machine. I DID learn some troubleshooting techniques though and I am also going to reword the manual to make it more understandable. There was a caution not to overextend the height or depth of the engraving table and because it was tight in one spot I thought it was at its full top height. It was not so the laser wasn't hitting anything and I couldn't see anything so I didn't know if it was firing. Also, there was a button on the control panel which was not labeled and that button needed to be depressed and held when hitting the laser test button. Once I did things right the machine worked quite well. If most of the Chinese machines are as well built I would have no hesitation to buy another - for the difference in cost for the American lasers and the longer warranty one can buy two or even three Chinese machines and for hobbyist use this is a good value. If I were running a commercial venture there might be other considerations but for me it was the difference between getting a laser and dreaming of getting one!

Jacqui, Goddess of Chaos, gsolfot
    Rabbit HX3040

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123