American-made, AGNI laser controller made by Solustan Inc.

Thread: American-made, AGNI laser controller made by Solustan Inc.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default American-made, AGNI laser controller made by Solustan Inc.

I am familiar with Soulstan Inc. from many years ago when I upgraded my rotary engraving machine. Their new laser controller is based on the same principle using CorelDRAW or other CAD Programs print function. One of the many reasons I like this controller is because it's USB driven. The list price might seem rather steep but I negotiated a substantial discount :-)
    I just got finished installing the Agni hardware/software a few days ago on my Chinese 50 W (a piece of no-name junk!) laser and everything seems to be working great when my hard drive crashed.
    The reason I'm posting this, is because I would like to contact other users. Of course I could also be of help, I am an electronic technician by trade, retired. This controller is fairly new and there are not any postings of any kind that I can find, relating to it.

By the way don't the Chinese manufacturers put their name/contact information/model number etc. information on a label/tag anywhere on their machine?

Happy Lasering!

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by Rolf_K; 01-17-2014 at 10:53 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

I lost a lot of time, money and health trying to cooperate with Soulstan.
    Never more.

CNC lasers, constructions, service

Downloads
    Uploads

do you think the controller caused the hard drive to crash

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I don't think so, there were signs of it failing for several days and I just didn't recognize them. I will have a new hard drive in the mail today or tomorrow,hopefully I can get everything working again this weekend, we will see. I will try to post my progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbird48 View Post
    do you think the controller caused the hard drive to crash

Downloads
    Uploads

Even though I see some bad press on this company, I'd like to know more about the controler and if it stays working .
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolf_K View Post
    I don't think so, there were signs of it failing for several days and I just didn't recognize them. I will have a new hard drive in the mail today or tomorrow,hopefully I can get everything working again this weekend, we will see. I will try to post my progress.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: American-made, AGNI laser controller made by Solustan Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbird48 View Post
    Even though I see some bad press on this company, I'd like to know more about the controler and if it stays working .
    I have had the misfortune of dealing with Solustan and their Link Motion driver for Laser cutting and engraving. Our company paid for software customization after being promised a quality product from Dhiren. Over 12 months later the system is still full of bugs, crashes constantly and cant be used for jobs more complex than cutting a couple of simple vectors. Its also very frustrating dealing with this company as they never admit there is a problem (They blamed a Microsoft update for the crashes, but couldn't tell me which one or why. I don't believe this; and after disabling updates and re-installing the software it still crashes constantly)

We have wasted thousands of dollars on this!

I would honestly avoid them at all costs!

I would avoid this company at all costs!