K40 and Light Oject DSP upgrade kit? Who's done it?

Thread: K40 and Light Oject DSP upgrade kit? Who's done it?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default K40 and Light Oject DSP upgrade kit? Who's done it?

Hello All,

I have been researching lasers for a while now and keep coming back to the K40 since my application requires etching a logo on anodized parts that are small so I don't need a large machine. I am considering buying everything and upgrading it with the lightobject kit and curious if the upgrade is worth it based on my simple application. I also have a small need for cutting out some rubber sheet.

Also where is the best place to buy a k40 in the USA. Cheapest I have found was automation technologies. Then I will buy the DSP upgrade and honeycomb bed from light object. Due to my application I don't think I need the Z table.

Any advice would be helpful as I am looking to buy everything (or not if advice says otherwise) early January.

Best regards,

Marc

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

hi marc
    I have done quite a few conversion of K40 all variation with the lightobject DSP.
    after my experience the cheapest and best way is to buy a cheap machine over ebay direct from china, because all of the K40 machines are made in china anyway.
    then buy the DSP and all other parts needed from lightobject. you need to have the machine first to see what is in there because even there are so many different version and some you could safe some parts .
    if you need more help send me a email to waltfl132hotmail.com
    greetings
    waltfl

Downloads
    Uploads

I bought my laser from Automation Technologies and they were very easy to deal with. They have them in stock and you can have them demo one for you. I did pick mine up the same day.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the reply. I plan to buy one this weekend online. I have not found much info on the upgrade other then build logs. Does the DSP kit come with any sort of guide? Also have any of you tried to etch a logo in anodized Aluminum with your K40? My work uses a US laser 35 watt and it works fine but curuios if the resolution on the K40 is good with smallish text?

Also what software are you using instead of the Moshi stuff?

Marc

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

hi marc
    sure the DSP can handle down to 1mm letter. the DSP AW608 has its own program what is called " lasercad" has a manual and a very big forum
    " lightobject.com" where you find pretty much every question and solution. this software and the hardware gets updated a few times a year.
    greetings
    waltfl

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have successfully completed my DSP upgrade, and much more, i must say it is a night and day differnce between the two machines now.

i after my upgrade then upgraded the Focus lens, all the mirrors, and added a power Z bed.

please see pictures below