Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Laser Engraving

Downloads
    Uploads

You will be sorry is all I can say.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I am one of chinese laser engraver manufacture and we opened US office since last Dec, if you have any questions, you can go to www.hxlaser.com or our US mirror site www.rabbitlaser.com to get my contact information
    also we have demo video available at www.rabbitlaser.com/DemoVideo
    thanks

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default RS3040A Redsail Laser Data Cable

Quote Originally Posted by fractaledge3 View Post
    Hi reitsmap,

Here is my story
    First of all I think that I have enough experience to deal with Chinese machines, my last few years experience on CNC includes:
    1- Producing many CNC software as programmer
    2- Manufacturing of 3 CNC machines (2 CNC routers, 1 CNC plasma cutter)

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showth...=14100&page=39

Now come to the machine:
    Sure it is not plug & play machine, I didn't expect that, so when I receive the machine I double check every thing before even plugging any cable and here is what I found:
    1- Machine keyboard cable not connected (I reconnected the cable)
    2- The Laser power supply was not fixed with any nuts and it was moved from its place inside the machine (I fixed it on its place)
    3- I tested every component separately (water pump - Air blower...etc) the water pump had rough operation and was not delivering enough water (I fixed it)

After that part of the story I installed the software and began with testing phase:
    -Testing the machine without laser power (ok)
    -Testing the machine with min laser power (ok)
    -Testing the machine with max laser power (ok)
    Now I have a working machine from day (8-28-2006)...Thanks god, I decided:
    -not to use the max laser power until I complete my samples on deferent materials
    -not to heavy load the machine
    -not to modify any thing on the machine until I get profit from it
    -take maximum care during machine operation.

At that time I began the sample making phase:
    -Wood raster engraving, and Ply Wood vector cutting (3 mm) was very good.
    -MDF raster engraving was very good, and vector cutting (4 mm) was hard to cut.
    -Glass raster engraving was very good.
    -Acrylic raster engraving was very good, and vector cutting (3 mm) was good.
    But….! On day (9-19-2006) during normal operation (I am just making a sample on acrylic), I notes that there was no laser beam at the material surface but there was a laser beam inside the laser tube, so I thought that the cause may be from the mirrors , but after short checking I found that the cooling ring at the output coupler was separated from the tube end.
    I contacted redsail, they told me just glue that part, I glue it but…. No laser came out from the tube. After long negotiations using web cam to show the problem, they decide to send me a new free laser tube as a warranty, with a set of optics as a gift, but I must pay for shipping by DHL.
    On day (10-20-2006) I received the tube & optics, I decided not to install the new tube until I get the full installation instructions from redsail.
    On day (11-18-2006) I get the instructions from redsail, and then I complete the installation of the new laser tube. I tested the tube by making some samples, it worked well.
    Now because I can't get any income from the machine I decided not to do any more free samples on the machine, except that samples of real working orders.

My conclusion:

Redsail Company:
    It Is a trustable company with a good customer support (Special thanks to Amanda for replying so quick and kindly for all my emails), but I think it is better to give your customers a good quality control than to give them excellent customer support.

Redsail RS3040A machine:
    From the status of my machine as I received it, I can say:
    -The machine by any way it worth the money spend on it especially when it compared to the western machines.
    -I think it is not plug & play machine, but it can be plug & play with a little quality control by Redsail.
    -The machine has one axis faster than the other (the two axis has deferent resolutions), this will may give a faster raster engraving but it will give a deferent depth on vector cutting or engraving.
    -The machine has No Pause, Home, Reset commands, and No limit switches, only has Two home switches for homing the machine when you power it on.
    -After making my first samples I was very satisfied with the machine, but now after replacing the defected laser tube I can't tell that I am satisfied until I get income from the machine.

The machine software (Easycut 2.0):
    -It is simple software with all basic requirements.
    -It has no help file, so I try to understand some options by trail & error.
    -By some improvement it can be more productive (for ex.. cut & engrave on same job, use deferent speeds on same job ….) .
    -You can do image raster engraving directly from the software, but In my testing I can't grantee the final result with deferent images so I prefers to process the image in Photoshop before using the Easycut.
    I have problem with the Data Cable, can you help me with this:
    PC 232 connectors pins to RS3040 pins (in my country this is DB9 male and DB9 female connectors)
    Please i need this info to check the machinne.
    Thanks! very much for all

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Robert,
    You can use DB-9 Male-Female Null-Modem cable, also You can see the attached images for the Wiring and Pin outs if You decided to make the cable by yourself.
    the machine cable only use that pins

( Male )-------(Female)
    (machine)-------(PC)
    ---------------------
    Shield<-------->Shield
    ( 2 ) <-------->( 3 )
    ( 3 ) <-------->( 2 )
    ( 5 ) <-------->( 5 )
    ( 7 ) <-------->( 8 )
    ( 8 ) <-------->( 7 )

Good luck.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Laser Engraving-dp9male-female-jpg   Laser Engraving-dp9-null-modem-connection-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Smile RS3040 Cable Data

Quote Originally Posted by fractaledge3 View Post
    Hi Robert,
    You can use DB-9 Male-Female Null-Modem cable, also You can see the attached images for the Wiring and Pin outs if You decided to make the cable by yourself.
    the machine cable only use that pins

( Male )-------(Female)
    (machine)-------(PC)
    ---------------------
    Shield<-------->Shield
    ( 2 ) <-------->( 3 )
    ( 3 ) <-------->( 2 )
    ( 5 ) <-------->( 5 )
    ( 7 ) <-------->( 8 )
    ( 8 ) <-------->( 7 )

Good luck.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! now my machinne can work with my PC

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Smile

Sell laser cutting machine:
    Hi everyone:
    Pls look at our big laser cutting machine LC 1225, working area 1200*2500mm.
    You can use this machine for wood industry and fabric industries.
    Pls send me email for more information!
    wanmeisuccess@hotmail.com
    www.wklaser.com

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Laser Engraving-lc-1225-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Importing and Customs Services Process

Hi,

Can someone share the experiences of your importing and what documents has to be prepared for passing the US customs services. Very complicated and difficult?

Thanks

Laser123

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Thats really depends on where you clear custom

ITs not a complicated issue for clearing custom, we have over 40 customers imported our machines in US last 6 months. if you live in destination port, no issue at all, just bring the original bill of lading and commercial invoice to custom and pay duty tax, thats it, if destination port is miami, its a little bit complicated and some fees incurred from US shipping company as machine will be cleared in New York and then to Miami, as long as you clear custom by yourself, the fees incurred by US shipping company should be around $100, if they charge more, that mean they want to rob you

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you very much for the information.

Laser123

Quote Originally Posted by yamingf View Post
    ITs not a complicated issue for clearing custom, we have over 40 customers imported our machines in US last 6 months. if you live in destination port, no issue at all, just bring the original bill of lading and commercial invoice to custom and pay duty tax, thats it, if destination port is miami, its a little bit complicated and some fees incurred from US shipping company as machine will be cleared in New York and then to Miami, as long as you clear custom by yourself, the fees incurred by US shipping company should be around $100, if they charge more, that mean they want to rob you

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345