Newbie G.weike storn 600 direct from weike or full spectrum hobby 5 any advice appriciated

Thread: G.weike storn 600 direct from weike or full spectrum hobby 5 any advice appriciated

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default G.weike storn 600 direct from weike or full spectrum hobby 5 any advice appriciated

Hi all thank you in advance for any advice info anything that can help me make a decision. I am looking at 2 machines G.weike strom 600 basically its their new machine like epilog machine or fslaser hobby 5 th generation

2000$ direct from weike or fullspectrum $3650 from las vegas

I read so many topics so many tread so many info my mind is going to blow up. what do you guys think.

thank you

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Google "FSL laser problems" that will make your mind up for you.

cheers

Dave

Company Representative
    Downloads
    Uploads

It is a new hobby machine for 2 months. Mostly for diy fun. If you need the machine for daily working, larger machines suggested.

G.Weike Laser
    melody@vip.163.com li@wklaser.com skype:melody.gweike

Downloads
    Uploads

DON"T buy a Full Spectrum, just read the lousy reviews , Buy direct from gweiki but go for a bigger machine, for the 3650 you pay for the FLS you can get 3 times the machine from Gweiki. Bigge,r better,faster. Look at the LG500(DESK) laser engraver from gweiki.Or look at the Shenhui lasers .

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hmmm. I have a Full Spectrum and love it. I have used it heavily over the last year and a half and have only replaced the tube (which is normal maintenance).

BTW, NO affiliation with FSL.

Downloads
    Uploads

I have the LG 500 desk unit and it does what I need. I bought mine from Automation Technologies in Chicago after I went there and saw it run. $3199 for it and they were very nice to deal with. I did have some questions after I picked it up and they answered them even on a Saturday.

Downloads
    Uploads

Yep theres about 5 happy FSL owners out there and read the 100's of bad reviews. The crappy customer service hey its not just me all you have to do is goggle Full Spectrum Laser reviews. I'm glad you got a good one and the 5 people that got good ones are real quick to say I love it. I love mine when it works its does a fine job, easy to use, but have had it just over one year very lightly used been broken down 4 times now and hasn't worked 8 months out of the 14 I've owned it. so if you want to take the chance hey good luck to you.
    I know the other 4 happy campers are gonna come on and say they love theirs too. Like I said just read the reviews.

Downloads
    Uploads

Your PM box is full it won't take anymore PM's till you delete some
    Quote Originally Posted by fixtureman1 View Post
    I have the LG 500 desk unit and it does what I need. I bought mine from Automation Technologies in Chicago after I went there and saw it run. $3199 for it and they were very nice to deal with. I did have some questions after I picked it up and they answered them even on a Saturday.
    I forgot to mention the people at FSL only care about your money, Their the nicest people going till you pay them then forget it they treat you like crap if you have a real problem, like your machine don't work. Oh yea they will answer a few emails but don't exspect much else.

Last edited by Bigbird48; 11-20-2013 at 01:43 PM. Reason: added notes

Downloads
    Uploads

Ok didn't know it was full I emptied it

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have owned two FSE Hobby lasers. They both didn't work. My cat now sleeps in one on his favourite blankie in the garage. Crap product and crap service from the owner. Google Full Spectrum problems and you will get the gist of what I went through. I now have a lovely 100w Chineese cutter that has worked out of the box without ANY problems for 18 months. Give Full Spectrum a miss...

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Automation Technologies review

I have owned two FSE Hobby lasers. They both didn't work. My cat now sleeps in one on his favourite blankie in the garage. Crap product and crap service from the owner. Google Full Spectrum problems and you will get the gist of what I went through. I now have a lovely 100w Chineese cutter that has worked out of the box without ANY problems for 18 months. Give Full Spectrum a miss..

The STORM appears to be a very low powered model 30-35w tube with software thats unproven. Hurricane has it for sale..I think? If you're gonna spend that kind of money, get something over 50W that can cut...100W dialed in can cut
    through a lot of cool stuff. Add oxygen and you're engraving / cutting metal.

Reviewing Fulll Spectrum's 20x12 hobby, it may be a better option with its software. But, again I'd never pay a company who asks for $250 for 5 hrs of Premium/Personal service. So then everything else is low grade and impersonal? No way, not when other laser companies give you their best for as long as you own it.

I've talked to Automation Technologies and based on the conversation they're a Chinese broker setting up shop in Illinois. They were very responsive and cheap. But when they offered to ship a 20x12 direct from China to my door step...that was all I needed to hear.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Automation Technologies review

Quote Originally Posted by BenM2 View Post
    The STORM appears to be a very low powered model 30-35w tube with software thats unproven. Hurricane has it for sale..I think? If you're gonna spend that kind of money, get something over 50W that can cut...100W dialed in can cut
    through a lot of cool stuff. Add oxygen and you're engraving / cutting metal.

Reviewing Fulll Spectrum's 20x12 hobby, it may be a better option with its software. But, again I'd never pay a company who asks for $250 for 5 hrs of Premium/Personal service. So then everything else is low grade and impersonal? No way, not when other laser companies give you their best for as long as you own it.

I've talked to Automation Technologies and based on the conversation they're a Chinese broker setting up shop in Illinois. They were very responsive and cheap. But when they offered to ship a 20x12 direct from China to my door step...that was all I needed to hear.
    Funny you should say un-proven software with the Storm 500 ? Just got one from John at Automation and are very happy with the support. The software is LaserCut 3.3 which no one has heard of, but it works.

Last edited by wmgeorge; 05-20-2014 at 08:27 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: G.weike storn 600 direct from weike or full spectrum hobby 5 any advice appriciat

I'd really stay away from Full Spectrum, they have lousy customer service, and rip you off on every thing when you need parts. They charge you 3 times what the parts are worth.

Default Re: G.weike storn 600 direct from weike or full spectrum hobby 5 any advice appriciat

I have a Storm from gweike. It came with a 35w tube. It does not have a Leetro controller but uses a Cad program similar to it. It works great but remember the tube is only 3000 ours - the best way to get the longest life out of it is to use a water chiller and not a water pump that comes with it. Let me know if you need any help.