Full Spectrum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Full Spectrum

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Full Spectrum

Just found some info about so called "american" engraver Full Spectrum.
    For me this is a robbery.
    25W Chinese laser sold as 40W!
    (They say "40W Peak (30-35W Average)". But 600mm laser is not even 35W. It is 25W at least.
    And there is no such phenomenon as PEAK Power in CW lasers. This is not RF laser.
    CW laser works CONTINUOUS. See picture.
    So they lie about laser power.

So called Air Compressor ($150) is standard aquarium magnetic pump (20-25 Euro in Europe. Europe is much more expensive than US)

Focus Lens 1.5" ($250). Cost 15 USD in China if you buy 1pc. 10 USD for large quantity. 75 USD in Erope.

RetinaEngrave USB Direct Print Drivers (100% USA Software). That means it is Chinese Driver with some american software.

It looks someone should go to court.

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Full Spectrum-1-jpg  
    Last edited by cinematic2; 11-10-2013 at 07:45 AM.
    CNC lasers, constructions, service

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Have a look at the price of the 80 watt RECI tube conversion

cheers

Dave

Downloads
    Uploads

Yes your right Full Spectrum Laser are liers and cheats and will say and do anything to get your money then not do anything to support their JUNK.naughty naughty Henry

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

While I won't comment on FSL directly, I would like to say if you have a Full Spectrum Laser and are looking for a dedicated forum for those users, please visit http://fslusers.freeforums.org/index.php

This is an open forum

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Last edited by calicnc; 11-26-2013 at 02:28 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

did you want to add something

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have used a 4th gen Full Spectrum Laser for the last year and a half and have probably put 1.5-2k hours on it. So far, I have only had to replace the tube, which is regular maintenance. Their software is great as well.

They may be rebranded China lasers, but I don't care as long as they serve me well, which this one has.

Just my .02.

Last edited by calicnc; 11-26-2013 at 08:01 PM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

That is good that you got a working one.
    The two I recieved from them probably worked for 20 hours properly, and for another 50ish hours requiring up to six passes to cut 3mm MDF, before failing completely.
    I DID enjoy using the Retina Engrave program however. It is the only redeming factor about FSE.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

for the last year and a half and have probably put 1.5-2k hours on it
    My HX1290 (HPC type) had just over 6,000 hours on the original tube when it was replaced (and was still working at the time), replacing a tube at 1,500 hours isn't a good thing

And there is no such phenomenon as PEAK Power in CW lasers.
    *peak* is used as the descriptor for maximum applied output when the tube first strikes Cine, or in other words quite a lot higher current than a tube will run at.That said calling a cheap Chinese 600mm tube a 40 watt is just plain wrong. Selling it as a 40 watt is moot, the initial pulse may be 40 watts but that's way above what the machine will run at.

Agreeing with Cine twice in a week......I better go lay down

cheers

Dave

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

They may be rebranded China lasers, but I don't care as long as they serve me well,
    I love Chinese lasers, they make me a lot of money each year but then again I buy mine from a UK distributor who is always there when there is any kind of problem.

As an example:

Last week a friend of mine who has a couple of lasers from HPC (hpclaser.co.uk) had a board go down, the chap needs his machines running so what did Chris at HPC do?

Went to my friends business at 11pm...YES ELEVEN at NIGHT to repair his machine under warranty so he would not lose production time. THAT is the difference between those that care about their customers and those that don't!!

Strangely enough, over in the US the guy with the best reputation among dealers is Ray Scott @ Rabbit and Rabbit sell the SAME machines as HPC do here.

If all Laser suppliers learned from people like Chris @ HPC and Ray @ Rabbit the industry would be far better off because of it!

cheers

Dave

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Bec Weir View Post
    That is good that you got a working one.
    The two I recieved from them probably worked for 20 hours properly, and for another 50ish hours requiring up to six passes to cut 3mm MDF, before failing completely.
    I DID enjoy using the Retina Engrave program however. It is the only redeming factor about FSE.
    Like I've said a hundred times there are 5 or 6 full spectrum lasers among the so called thousands they say they sold that actually work, but just read the reviews of hundreds of people who won't give you a plug nickle for a Full Spectrum Laser. Even if they made a good laser the people there just suck, they treat you like yesterdays thrown out garbage.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbird48 View Post
    Like I've said a hundred times there are 5 or 6 full spectrum lasers among the so called thousands they say they sold that actually work, but just read the reviews of hundreds of people who won't give you a plug nickle for a Full Spectrum Laser. Even if they made a good laser the people there just suck, they treat you like yesterdays thrown out garbage.
    I have emailed them a few times, and they have always been courteous and helpful.

Has anyone else here actually worked with them, or is it a he said she said rumor mill? Im not saying they haven't had their issues, but I would like real stories from the people who have had problems with them.

Downloads
    Uploads

Unhappy

I can't remember exactly were I read it but I do remember someone saying that the FSL tubes put out somewhere between 23 an 30 watts when running, no where close to the 40 watts they tell their customers there getting and that statement was supposedly from the tube mfg's website.Agreeing with Cine twice in a week......I better go lay down to funny Dave, hey Not that I want to toot Hurricanes horn but they say they have a 40 tube with a 5000 hr life and puts out I think they said 35 watts running. If there still in businees might want to check those out LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by Exsecratio View Post
    My HX1290 (HPC type) had just over 6,000 hours on the original tube when it was replaced (and was still working at the time), replacing a tube at 1,500 hours isn't a good thing

*peak* is used as the descriptor for maximum applied output when the tube first strikes Cine, or in other words quite a lot higher current than a tube will run at.That said calling a cheap Chinese 600mm tube a 40 watt is just plain wrong. Selling it as a 40 watt is moot, the initial pulse may be 40 watts but that's way above what the machine will run at.

Agreeing with Cine twice in a week......I better go lay down

cheers

Dave

Last edited by Bigbird48; 11-27-2013 at 12:12 AM. Reason: forgot stuff lol

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

You are going to hear both good and bad stories about them. In this forum and in others. Start watching who is posting the negative reviews and make a count. Also realize that 90% of the people who are happy with their machines and or the service will either never join a forum or not speak up.. Also realize that about 90% of those who are unhappy with their machines will find a forum and will post about their problems...

I do have to admit, there have been some pretty bad horror stories out there, but start digging and you will find they aren't as widespread as those who continue to bash them over and over would have you think... Myself and others that I know of while not jumping up and down raving about their service have had good luck with both the equipment and have had no problems when calling their help line.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by tejaswood View Post
    You are going to hear both good and bad stories about them. In this forum and in others. Start watching who is posting the negative reviews and make a count. Also realize that 90% of the people who are happy with their machines and or the service will either never join a forum or not speak up.. Also realize that about 90% of those who are unhappy with their machines will find a forum and will post about their problems...

I do have to admit, there have been some pretty bad horror stories out there, but start digging and you will find they aren't as widespread as those who continue to bash them over and over would have you think... Myself and others that I know of while not jumping up and down raving about their service have had good luck with both the equipment and have had no problems when calling their help line.
    Exactly. The part about 90% of unhappy customers will complain and 90+% of happy customers won't take the time to leave a positive review is very true.

That's why I don't put a whole lot of stock in online reviews and "rants" on forums. I personally have used their product and tech support and have had good success, so until that stops I have no reason to complain.

Downloads
    Uploads

Tell everybody how great FSL service is tell them to go to FSL forum and say something about the bad service or the bad machines our serious problems with the machine say it on FSL forums and you won't even get your complaints posted. Full Spectrum moderates every post on their website and they censor your posts, if its anything negative they won't allow you to say it. That's what I call great customer service, and if its really something that they might respond to, like something really easy and simple to fix you have to wait a week or 2 weeks or maybe even 3 weeks till Full Spectrum gets around to checking their forums and then posting your problem so someone might be able to tell you how to fix it, in the mean time your stuck with a machine that doesn't work. Hey if that's the kind of great customer service you want then by all means buy one. They won't allow you to pay for a machine with a credit card directly every purchase must use goggle wallet .
    You might also look around and see who responds to the complaints about machines. Has Full Spectrum Laser ever responded on a public forum, have they ever once come on here or sawmill creek and offer to help anyone or even dispute whats being said? NOPE . I've seen other companies respond about complaints of their machines they respond on a public forum. they even respond to questions about other companies machines. I've personalty had other company owners email me and offer to help me out with my full spectrum machine. Well hey buy what you want get what you pay for. You might look at Rabbit Lasers, they seem to have a very good reputation.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

e
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbird48 View Post
    Tell everybody how great FSL service is tell them to go to FSL forum and say something about the bad service or the bad machines our serious problems with the machine say it on FSL forums and you won't even get your complaints posted. Full Spectrum moderates every post on their website and they censor your posts, if its anything negative they won't allow you to say it. That's what I call great customer service, and if its really something that they might respond to, like something really easy and simple to fix you have to wait a week or 2 weeks or maybe even 3 weeks till Full Spectrum gets around to checking their forums and then posting your problem so someone might be able to tell you how to fix it, in the mean time your stuck with a machine that doesn't work. Hey if that's the kind of great customer service you want then by all means buy one. They won't allow you to pay for a machine with a credit card directly every purchase must use goggle wallet .
    You might also look around and see who responds to the complaints about machines. Has Full Spectrum Laser ever responded on a public forum, have they ever once come on here or sawmill creek and offer to help anyone or even dispute whats being said? NOPE . I've seen other companies respond about complaints of their machines they respond on a public forum. they even respond to questions about other companies machines. I've personalty had other company owners email me and offer to help me out with my full spectrum machine. Well hey buy what you want get what you pay for. You might look at Rabbit Lasers, they seem to have a very good reputation.
    1. To address not being able to pay with credit card - I purchased one recently, and they were happy to split payments between cards. (they sent me an invoice through Paypal and I payed through there though). Also, Google wallet is a method of checking out, and I believe you can use your card. The first machine I got was purchased with a debit card.

2. To address forums - When I need something urgent, I would call or email them. Whether its their forum or one like this, forums aren't meant for urgent questions I believe. As for deleting negative posts off their forums, that's simply business. To me its the same concept as "testimonials" on a businesses website. Of course your only gonna put the good ones out or the public to see. If a person wants UNBIASED support, don't go to the business forum of the product you purchased.

These are just my thoughts, take em or leave em!

I'm not saying that people are lying if they have had problems. What I'm saying is that I've had success with them AND their products. Like was mentioned before, people with negative experiences are more likely to post on here. I believe there's more people then me who have had great experiences with FSL.

Again, just my .02

Downloads
    Uploads

Bigbird is right about the forum. I belong to another forum that is for a cnc router and was banned for just asking who the new owners were. There was a customer that had a problem with their Yellow machine that also got banned for asking how much it costs to keep their cnc runing as it was going through steppers and drivers every month. The Moderator is the owner also and won't tolerate any bad reviews. He even posts that he is just a user not an owner but he takes orders and gets into your private correspondence. He even went so far as to PM a friend of mine calling my names. Jim if you read this then you know I am talking about you

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by fixtureman1 View Post
    Bigbird is right about the forum. I belong to another forum that is for a cnc router and was banned for just asking who the new owners were. There was a customer that had a problem with their Yellow machine that also got banned for asking how much it costs to keep their cnc runing as it was going through steppers and drivers every month. The Moderator is the owner also and won't tolerate any bad reviews. He even posts that he is just a user not an owner but he takes orders and gets into your private correspondence. He even went so far as to PM a friend of mine calling my names. Jim if you read this then you know I am talking about you
    This thread is about FSL I believe. Unless that is indeed the business you are speaking of.

Downloads
    Uploads

Who might this company be so I don't buy anything from them either??
    Quote Originally Posted by fixtureman1 View Post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast