G Weike LG6040 laser engraver experiences

Thread: G Weike LG6040 laser engraver experiences

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default G Weike LG6040 laser engraver experiences

Hello All,
    I am new to this forum and to the world of laser cutting/engraving.
    After doing quite a bit of research, and reading lots of posts on this forum, I've decided to take the plunge and step into the world of laser machines.
    Originally I wanted to go with an American brand such as Epilog or Trotec, but my budget did not allow it.
    So I placed an order for an LG6040, with a 90W Reci tube, and automatic up/down table.
    The machine should be built in a week or so, and should arrive here in about two weeks (hopefully).
    Can anyone please share their experiences with ordering one of these from China to NY, as well as what I should expect when it arrives regarding port fees/procedures.
    I'd like to be prepared for putting this machine together as well, and any advice is appreciated.
    Thanks

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'm having a hard time understanding the different combinations of power, speed, and focusing lenses for cutting/engraving different materials.
    If someone could please shed some light on the subject it would be much appreciated.
    I've been looking for some sort of chart that breaks down all the different settings/combinations, but haven't been able to find one online.
    For example if I would like to make clean cuts in card stock, with minimal edge burn, what focusing lens would be best for this task? I ordered 3 different lenses with my machine. A 2", 2.5", and 4".

Company Representative
    Downloads
    Uploads

HI, flashmxpert

Glad that you have made the right choice! For you American importers, the only thing special is that please remember to do the ISF filling before the ship departs. I think your sales will do that well for you. All the girls here are professional.

About the focus, usually 2" for engraving, 2.5" for common cutting, and 4" for think material cutting.

G.Weike Laser
    melody@vip.163.com li@wklaser.com skype:melody.gweike

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I ordered a laser from Gweike. It is in the US now and I am waiting for it to show up at my pickup location. The ETA is the 24th. It was $550.00 in duty fees and other port charges. This is the third piece of CNC equipment I have imported from China. I use King Freight New York Inc as my customs broker. My contact there is LI Chou. They take care of all the ISF and other customs forms. It's worth paying them to do it. That $550.00 also includes there fees. I requested from Melody to ship my laser with King Freight and she was more then happy to do so. Melody answers all my questions and I am sure if I have any issues with my Laser when it arrives she will be there to help me. Hope this helps.

John

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

If you ordered your machine with 120V input instead of 240V then you may run into a problem that we had with the HV laser power supply. There are a couple of NTC resistors (thermisters) on the AC inputs inside the supply that may burn out because they are not designed to handle the current (it doubles when you cut the voltage by half). They are there to avoid large surges when you first turn on the power, so that's a good thing. We simply ordered two of them from an electronics supplier for about $3 and replaced them with no problems since. Our machines are higher power though, so you may not run into this issue.

glad to see g.weike lasers are so popular

tina from g.weike laser
    EMAIL: tina@wklaser.com SKYPE: lysunshine521

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: G Weike LG6040 laser engraver experiences

Hi I was wondering Where these are located I turned on my LG6040N To find that there is no power to the lcd screen but trouble shooting steps and the laser test fires fine. was wondering if You have experienced this problem?

Company Representative
    Downloads
    Uploads

Maybe LCD screen wires below are loose? Dumping on sea when shipping may causes wires loose sometimes.

G.Weike Laser
    melody@vip.163.com li@wklaser.com skype:melody.gweike

Check that the lights on your 24v (small silver one) are on. That power supply powers your lcd screen. Also, I have seen the machines come in with wires backwards. . . so my question to you is did the LCD screen ever work? The same power supply powers your red dot (if you have one). I this is working - and your lcd screen still is not on, let me know, I have a wiring diagram and can help you troubleshoot.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by flashmxpert View Post
    Hello All,
    I am new to this forum and to the world of laser cutting/engraving.
    After doing quite a bit of research, and reading lots of posts on this forum, I've decided to take the plunge and step into the world of laser machines.
    Originally I wanted to go with an American brand such as Epilog or Trotec, but my budget did not allow it.
    So I placed an order for an LG6040, with a 90W Reci tube, and automatic up/down table.
    The machine should be built in a week or so, and should arrive here in about two weeks (hopefully).
    Can anyone please share their experiences with ordering one of these from China to NY, as well as what I should expect when it arrives regarding port fees/procedures.
    I'd like to be prepared for putting this machine together as well, and any advice is appreciated.
    Thanks
    Except for ISF needed to be declared before shipping,
    FDA is also required while custom clearance,
    and of course, your laser supplier should offered these docs to you.

www.thunderlaser.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello flashmxpert
    Nice to meet you here.This is Nick Cheng from Jinan Qichen CNC Router CO.,LTD.Regarding your request of 6040 reci90w tube,up/down table.Our FOB Qingdao price is USD2785.Should you have any questions,please feel free to contact us.
    Thanks for your time